Iowa at OSU 2024

OSU 34
Iowa 20

I believe Kirk has one more “shock the world” win in him, but this isn’t it. Watching Georgia/Alabama I have come to the conclusion that you need a dude at quarterback. I’m not overly impressed with Will Howard, but at this point in the season I don’t think CM is capable of throwing the haymaker needed to win.

They keep it close for three quarters and superior talent takes over in the 4th.

Superior talent and Hawkeye fatigue take over

My thoughts which are worth nothing:

1. This game comes down to the secondary. OSU is absolutely going to air mail that ball because a) they have the horses, and b) they've seen us get absolutely torched on the regular. It's going to get aired out immediately...my prediction is the 2nd scrimmage play from OSU is going to be a 40 yd post route. If that torching happens again, we are cooked. Kaleb Johnson is Obi-Wan Kenobi here, as in our only hope, and if he gets shut down because we get burned for 7 three to four times we can no longer run the ball. CM is then going to be forced to scramble (OSU is going to bring the house) and throw the ball under duress. We know what happens with that.

2. While even I'll admit that BF called a good game in '17, something no one seems to be mentioning is that's the game we uncharacteristically blitzed like crazy and Urbs wasn't prepared for it. It was talked about on this board a whole lot at the time. Because this DB group is the weakest one of the entire Phil Parker era, they need to do it again. Catch their OL with it's pants down. Phil is smarter football-wise than everyone on this board put together and squared...he obviously knows how well that worked back then even if it's a totally different OSU team and staff. What he chooses is up to him.

3. If the DL can get to Howard it's going to be a 28-16 OSU affair with KJ getting some yards and a score. If they can't, hold on to your butts. 41-6 OSU with Howard pulled halfway through the 3rd quarter. The Hawks can be ok with a 28-16 loss going into Oct. 12 and let CM win a close one against a bad Washington team with KJ's magic. If it's the latter...welp...you can just relax for the rest of the year, enjoy watching KJ make a run at the rushing title, and book a flight to Rudyard, Montana for the Ron's A-1 Muffler Shop Bowl presented by Tidy Cat. I'll have fun either way.

View attachment 11063

Ron's A-1 Muffler Shop Bowl presented by Tidy Cat

DAMN

Typically, what determines the outcome of this game is talent.

OSU typically has bigger, faster, more talented players across the board and pays more NIL money.

OSU 24 Iowa 3

Ever the optimist, if we were to win it will be Iowa 12 OSU 10

OSU 34
Iowa 20

I believe Kirk has one more “shock the world” win in him, but this isn’t it. Watching Georgia/Alabama I have come to the conclusion that you need a dude at quarterback. I’m not overly impressed with Will Howard, but at this point in the season I don’t think CM is capable of throwing the haymaker needed to win.

They keep it close for three quarters and superior talent takes over in the 4th.
Y'all sure do. But more than that, you need coaches that are willing to incorporate QB run plays into the game plan just to keep the defense honest. It like 11 against 10 when the defense doesn't have to account for the QB.

Latest posts