Iowa at Oregon: Sunday afternoon 4 p.m. ESPNU

Iowa will have a hard time controlling Devoe Joseph. He can create off the dribble and shoots 42% from three. Think of him as shooting like Gatens with a little more athleticism.

Here are some highlights.

There will not be any guard that we see in the NIT that is any better than Dillard was last night. That kid could flat out play.

He did sit out a year..

Curious as to why he did not have to sit out a year?

I believe he left mid-year last year, then was eligible to play for Oregon once the first semester ended this year.

Ducks are a bit like Dayton, but better at what they do and at home. The three perimeter players (Joseph, Sim and Singler) can all shoot and score. Joseph is the best of them but the other two are good. Iowa can have success inside again, but only if we don't turn the ball over (big if).

Altman loves to press, change defenses and is not afraid to use a lot of zone in the half-court. Very big challenge going two time zones away to play. For those who say this isn't a factor, look at how Iowa played when going to Arizona and Arizona State in football in the last decade. And LSU is decent but looked slow as molasses after traveling out to Eugene.

Win or lose it will be a good experience for Iowa to prepare for this team and go out and play.

Altman is a lot like Fran,it seems.

Sim is a 47% shooter from the arc.
Tony Woods,their center,is 6'11'' and 260lbs....and was the #3 center and #20 overall recruit coming out of HS...went to Wake Forest,then transferred to Oregon.
He will be a handful for Zach,but is not very nimble,so Zach might be able to take him outside,shoot from the arc,then drive around him....Oregon probably goes zone plenty.

No. We go to either Northwestern or Washington.

I don't think jNW stands a snowballs chance in h*ll of winning that game at Washington. Washington has several elite athletic type players, which jNW does not match up well with at all. Plus they are traveling to Washington. Washington is going to win that game for sure.

Re: He did sit out a year..

Very big challenge going two time zones away to play. For those who say this isn't a factor, look at how Iowa played when going to Arizona and Arizona State in football in the last decade. And LSU is decent but looked slow as molasses after traveling out to Eugene.

LSU looked quick early then energy faded.

It is a factor. It helps some that the game is at 4pm Iowa time, compared to a 8:30pm CT Arizona kickoff or the 8:30 CT LSU/Oregon game.

I don't think jNW stands a snowballs chance in h*ll of winning that game at Washington. Washington has several elite athletic type players, which jNW does not match up well with at all. Plus they are traveling to Washington. Washington is going to win that game for sure.

The Huskies are young and inconsistent, but have some NBA athleticism and a terrific coach. It's down the street for me, I should go just to mock the 'Cats.

If we get blown out in this game, it will just prove that Oregon got screwed. I still don't understand how a team with 22 wins from a major conference doesn't get in.

Latest posts