Iowa at Maryland - Tale of the Tape

Good data.
The foul trouble killed it for Iowa. Blame the refs or not- you cannot win on the road against a good B10 team with your best players on the bench.

I'll take the Hawks all day on a neutral court against that team. Moving on.

At least Illinois has a game tonight too so the short turnaround is actually an advantage for us. Its easier to have a short turnaround at home than on the road. Also if we win tonight, Carver should be rocking (relatively speaking of course) Sunday.

Iowa played 2 more physical teams in a shorter time span. This is also when Luka will feel the pain of a teammate not being a threat and IL s size hanging on him.

Also, I know that Garza and Kriener were in foul trouble, but playing a lineup of Eveyln/Till/Pemsl/CJ/JoeT was desperate to say the least. Life on the road I guess. On to Illinois.
Desperate for sure but I thought Till and Pemsl came in and actually played pretty well considering, was happily surprised in that first half

Desperate for sure but I thought Till and Pemsl came in and actually played pretty well considering, was happily surprised in that first half

I know right?! I was very surprised that those guys didn't just blow it. They played hard and that was a good thing to see. It was just a lineup that had almost zero chance to score.

Iowa played 2 more physical teams in a shorter time span. This is also when Luka will feel the pain of a teammate not being a threat and IL s size hanging on him.

Their last game was the same 3 day span. The game before for Illinois was 2 days earlier than Iowa's, but also on the road. I was a firm believer that 2 road games in 3 days after the first one was in a 100 degree gym had a huge impact on us. But I dont thing a game 2 games ago matters much if it was 6 days ago or 8. We both played 3 days ago, but they have to travel. Advantage us on schedule.

Their last game was the same 3 day span. The game before for Illinois was 2 days earlier than Iowa's, but also on the road. I was a firm believer that 2 road games in 3 days after the first one was in a 100 degree gym had a huge impact on us. But I dont thing a game 2 games ago matters much if it was 6 days ago or 8. We both played 3 days ago, but they have to travel. Advantage us on schedule.

Luka has a lot of guys hanging on him both games. They had an extra day. Home is huge. Connor needs to score

If we ever want to think of making a final four we will have to play four intense games in nine days on neutral floors and who knows how much travel might be involved. This is as good a time as any to get used to it.

If we ever want to think of making a final four we will have to play four intense games in nine days on neutral floors and who knows how much travel might be involved. This is as good a time as any to get used to it.

I'd say this team is plenty used to it by now.

Latest posts