Iowa and JC players.

BuiltLikeWilt

We luvs our JC college transfers!! Bryce already a fav,Reggie, Jaccks,Barnes,Woolridge(kinda), Gamble!!! you come here play hard YOU WILL BE LOVED, just like our 4 year guys. Hubbard is gonna love it here!!:D:cool:

Last edited:
We luvs or JC college transfers!! Bryce already a fav,Reggie, Jaccks,Barnes,Woolridge(kinda), Gamble!!! you come here play hard YOU WILL BE LOVED, just like our 4 year guys. Hubbard is gonna love it here!!:D:cool:

Jermain Davis, if you include Woolridge yus gotta throw Sam Okey out thurr too.

yep. guess Andre, Sam, Luke are pure transfers but they felt the love too, Hated Luke at indy, but changed my stance when he came here lol

Don't forget "downtown Freddy Brown", Super Sam Williams and John Johnson. Three of the best JC's to ever play for the Hawkeyes.

Don't forget "downtown Freddy Brown", Super Sam Williams and John Johnson. Three of the best JC's to ever play for the Hawkeyes.

Three of the top five Hawks ever! The three top seasons in points per game. Johnson at 27.9, Freddie at 27.6 & Sam Williams at 25.3. Sam Williams is the last Hawk to win the Silver Basketball. Though, John Johnson should have won the award in '70.

Also, all three started on Big Ten championship teams. Something which most of you have not experienced. The championships put them far above any player mentioned in this thread. Next year will be 33 years since Iowa won a Big Ten championship. Pathetic!

Joe Fermino--JUCO transfer legend. Might be one of the greatest hawks of all time, just a little ahead of Nick Dewitz.

Cy definitely was becoming a real player/force for the Hawks his senior year. Unfortunately, the injury really hampered his ability to even be on the court during the Big 10 season. Is Cy still playing ball somewhere?

Cy definitely was becoming a real player/force for the Hawks his senior year. Unfortunately, the injury really hampered his ability to even be on the court during the Big 10 season. Is Cy still playing ball somewhere?

IIRC, both Tate and Justin Johnson were playing in Japan.

Chris Purvall was a great one as well. I also enjoyed watching Rob Griffin. (IIRC his name correctly).

Jerry Dennard
Vernon Simmons
John Carter
Michael Ingram
Kenny Fullard

All among the many jucos/transfers who became legends at Iowa.

Cool cant think of to many that didnt do great or make an impact. Really think Hubbard will have the biggest impact since Reggie( Really the guy that got the Alford era off the ground).

yep. guess Andre, Sam, Luke are pure transfers but they felt the love too, Hated Luke at indy, but changed my stance when he came here lol

One of those priceless moments for a Hawkeye fan. I was working at a large establishment in Logansport, Indiana. Surrounded by Hoosiers and Boilermakers. All year I heard nothing but praises from hossiers on how wonderful and great Luke was. He truly was their golden child. Then one day I came into work and saw all the sad long faces and asked what was up. When told that Luke was transfering to Iowa I had to excuse myself to the men's locker room. Good thing it was empty or else I would have had trouble explaining why I was rolling around on the floor laughing my *** off like a giddy six year old. Priceless, totally priceless.