Iowa Aiming for Five-Day Run in Madison Square Garden

giphy.gif

I'm worried about Illinois adding another athletic guard to throw at us. I'm all for the 5 wins, but I'm hoping we can find a way to beat Illinois for at least 1 win. I have my doubts. Go Hawks!

I'm worried about Illinois adding another athletic guard to throw at us. I'm all for the 5 wins, but I'm hoping we can find a way to beat Illinois for at least 1 win. I have my doubts. Go Hawks!

If one wants to avoid seeing another real grease fire about Barta and Fran, one should avoid getting on this site about 6:45 p.m. this evening I'm afraid.

If one wants to avoid seeing another real grease fire about Barta and Fran, one should avoid getting on this site about 6:45 p.m. this evening I'm afraid.

This is the last place I'll be after any loss. Emotions run too high and everybody wants to jump off cliffs. I'm afraid your right though.

They have been playing better lately. I wouldn't of bought a powerball ticket if I didn't think I could win. The odds of winning the powerball are probably longer than Iowa winning the tournament.
Actually I've done the math----the odds are just about the same.

Illinois is going to come out and play absolutely stifling D. I predict the Hawks will shoot 20% in the first half get down 20 by halftime. THEN just to draw us diehards in they will make a run cutting it to 10 or so only to watch Nick Baer run down the court and fire up an ill advised 3 followed by a Cordell Pemsl TO enroute to a 16-18 loss.

We've seen this story before people

I don't know if we're going to win today. It's 50-50 IMO and Vegas agrees. But records don't matter at this point. And it's always been tough to beat the same team 3 times in a season...thinking Michigan tomorrow. Finally, I have always felt teams that win their 1st game have an advantage in their 2nd game. There isn't really a disadvantage due to fatigue in the 2nd game. But the tournament jitters are out of the way and they have a little more comfort with the court, arena, environment, etc. I honestly think Iowa is one and done or still playing come Friday...with a chance against Nebraska.

Still remember quote from John Grocery. "We played ridiculously hard out there." I wanted to ring that little SOB by the neck.