Iowa a #3 Seed in NIT..

However, that would mean Iowa was a legi bubble team. This seed does not exactly support that notion.

The NIT and NCAA are two different tournaments with two different committees, why would the NIT seed mean anything about how the NCAA selection committee viewed them?

Woooooooooow...........

Hi and welcome to the board. I'm widely regarded as the best poster on the boards and I welcome your contributions. Management has recently made some changes to make the boards more enjoyable, but if anyone is giving you problems, please let me know and I will have pin2win take care of it. Hope to see you around more often.

Regards,

OK4P

The NIT and NCAA are two different tournaments with two different committees, why would the NIT seed mean anything about how the NCAA selection committee viewed them?

Oh, please dude, the NIT doesn't have a selection committee. They have some gal from Kelly Services who ranks every team by RPI on an Excel sheet and then gin up a bracket. It ain't rocket surgery. These are "educators" who run these things and they don't want to work on Sunday.

Hi and welcome to the board. I'm widely regarded as the best poster on the boards and I welcome your contributions. Management has recently made some changes to make the boards more enjoyable, but if anyone is giving you problems, please let me know and I will have pin2win take care of it. Hope to see you around more often.

Regards,

OK4P

One more thing.

3 seed in the NIT

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

One more thing.

3 seed in the NIT

WE ARE BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Had we not been jobbed by the officials and if Devyn and Mike didn't dinged this year, we would have been a 7 seed in the NCAA. Not where I was hoping to be, but better than last year.

This Iowa team is like 2 teams.

One team that is up 23 on the road to Nebraska and up 13 with less than 10 to go in the BIG quarters. The team that hung around a number 1 seed at home. A team that if if could close games might be a number 3 NCAA seed.

Then there is the team that you have to wonder if they could beat Iowa City West. Sloppy turn overs. Looking chaotic when the shot clock gets below 10 seconds. How many panic flings at the 35 second buzzer did we see this year? Standing flat footed and looking at the opponent as they rebounded and put back second chance buckets. How many step and dunks did we throw away trying little set shots (yes, you Woodbury) how many stupid little fouls that ended as and ones that should have been hands off so only 2, or hard but clean fouls to keep from scoring. How many out of control Clemmons passes?

I don't see us getting past UMass on the road, we are a lousy road team.

I cannot complain, this is where this team should be IMO. We have to toughen up our non conference schedule and include 1 or 2 legit road games. We don't go to UNI which I believe is a mistake given their strength of schedule in the MVC and this should be a road win for Iowa 8 out of ten times. There are so many decent mid-majors looking to play a BigTen team like Iowa that are in the Midwest and schedule them for 2 home games and 1 road game over a 3 or 4 year contract. That is a win-win for Iowa. We are going to win those games most of the time and if we don't it won't hurt as bad as winning against Harvard or what ever cupcake we have been playing.

Some great opportunities still available for this team. I can't wait to us react on the road.
This team will break through and close some games. Love this team and the effort they bring.

Winning a couple of NIT games = heated make-up sex.

You hate the path you took to get there, but getting a bit even always calms things down.

Even the NIT was paid off...wow.. We are VICTIMS!

Initially, I merely believed that Seth Davis was the only conspirator antagonizing Iowa, however, after pouring over these message boards, I have been elucidated to the true depths of this sinister treachery. Obviously, this cabal goes to the preeminent players of the NCAA power hierarchy. My initial presumption is that he is still paying penance for slamming the chair, although it is probable we are victims in a large conspiracy to unjustly exalt Steve Alford.

Initially, I merely believed that Seth Davis was the only conspirator antagonizing Iowa, however, after pouring over these message boards, I have been elucidated to the true depths of this sinister treachery. Obviously, this cabal goes to the preeminent players of the NCAA power hierarchy. My initial presumption is that he is still paying penance for slamming the chair, although it is probable we are victims in a large conspiracy to unjustly exalt Steve Alford.

pouring-water.jpg

Latest posts