Iowa a #3 Seed in NIT..

Should have been a #12 seed in the big dance, now a #3 in the little dance. Be glad they are not in the tournament below this. The more games the better, either home or away.

You can't get any more real than what the committee set the vaue of your wins at.

It isn't like Iowa plays in a conference that doesn't have a lot of coverage. The seed is reality how the program is viewed at this point. Iowa is improving, but still has real estate to cover to get the attention and brand rep that matters.

The first bolded statement is correct, the second is not. The seed is the reality of our resume, not how the program is viewed. As we heard from several analysts this weekend, Iowa is better than many of the at-large teams that made it in, and the KenPom and Sagarin rankings reflect this too., but we just are missing the one big win that would put us in.

You can't get any more real than what the committee set the vaue of your wins at.

It isn't like Iowa plays in a conference that doesn't have a lot of coverage. The seed is reality how the program is viewed at this point. Iowa is improving, but still has real estate to cover to get the attention and brand rep that matters.

It is very perturbing that the NIT committee denied the appeal to deliberate the merit of almost wins against impressive teams.

The first bolded statement is correct, the second is not. The seed is the reality of our resume, not how the program is viewed. As we heard from several analysts this weekend, Iowa is better than many of the at-large teams that made it in, and the KenPom and Sagarin rankings reflect this too., but we just are missing the one big win that would put us in.
I will concede that point but think it is 2-3 wins not just one.

Also a Baylor team with 18 wins is ahead of us.

didn't that baylor team beat the overall #1 NCAA tournament seed just a couple weeks back about the same time Iowa was losing to nebbie?

Baylor is ahead of Iowa because they have proven they're better

didn't that baylor team beat the overall #1 NCAA tournament seed just a couple weeks back about the same time Iowa was losing to nebbie?

Baylor is ahead of Iowa because they have proven they're better

Baylor is just lucky they aren't in the B10, if you can't even beat NW at home you'd be in for a long year in the B10.

/one game sample sizes are fun

Baylor is just lucky they aren't in the B10, if you can't even beat NW at home you'd be in for a long year in the B10.

/one game sample sizes are fun

Baylor can win on any night and lose on any night. Baylor at it's best is better than Iowa at its best.

They also succeed at times despite having a terrible coach in scott drew

GIVE ME A HUGE BREAK ONE MORE TIME!

What kind of village idiots turned away potential gate revenue's of a fan base that is likely going to draw 10-15,000 for home games?

Baylor holds like 7000 max and they will be lucky to get half of that with an 18 win team that lost at home to Northwestern!

This is a near bankrupt tournament from what I have heard and in this economy they turned away the opportunity for some big crowds in multiple games. Wow! I am going to laugh at the crowd that Baylor and some of the other teams draw that are 1 and 2 seeds. Southern Miss! You bet they'll draw at least 10,000.

I have to really question our Athletic Director as I cannot believe he was not lobbying up-front with the committee to encourage us a 1 or 2 seed so we can get 2-3 home games. Take a look at what our draw for Dayton was last year. Yes we are disappointed not making the big dance, but the fan base is not disappointed to see more of this team. Kentucky can't even play at home for the first game so they have to go to Robert Morris that holds like 3000 max!

I look at it as a chance to prove we can win on the road. wins @umass and @virginia is very doable.

Baylor can win on any night and lose on any night. Baylor at it's best is better than Iowa at its best.

They also succeed at times despite having a terrible coach in scott drew

I would disagree, Iowa is 4-0 against common opponents with Baylor while they are 0-3. Baylor can't defend like Iowa does.

GIVE ME A HUGE BREAK ONE MORE TIME!

What kind of village idiots turned away potential gate revenue's of a fan base that is likely going to draw 10-15,000 for home games?

Baylor holds like 7000 max and they will be lucky to get half of that with an 18 win team that lost at home to Northwestern!

This is a near bankrupt tournament from what I have heard and in this economy they turned away the opportunity for some big crowds in multiple games. Wow! I am going to laugh at the crowd that Baylor and some of the other teams draw that are 1 and 2 seeds. Southern Miss! You bet they'll draw at least 10,000.

I have to really question our Athletic Director as I cannot believe he was not lobbying up-front with the committee to encourage us a 1 or 2 seed so we can get 2-3 home games. Take a look at what our draw for Dayton was last year. Yes we are disappointed not making the big dance, but the fan base is not disappointed to see more of this team. Kentucky can't even play at home for the first game so they have to go to Robert Morris that holds like 3000 max!

butthurt level: through the roof