Iowa #9 in preseason AP Poll

Again, this year my second favorite team is Oregon State who can end the Boise and TCU runs in the first few weeks of the season.

Best thing ever would be Boise going down to both Va Tech and OSU.

what did Smith say?

I pray we get out of AZ with a win .... that setup scares the crap out of me

Hope I am 1000% dead wrong .....

what did Smith say?

I pray we get out of AZ with a win .... that setup scares the crap out of me

Hope I am 1000% dead wrong .....

Yeah, we get it. You're scared of the Arizona game, and think we probably won't get out of there with win. There's no need to keep repeating it.

Boise State number 3? Those guys played two top 20 opponents last year? and they are #3?

Which is why I think they make the title game if they run the table. VT is the favorite to win the ACC, and Oregon State is a contender in the Pac-10. Beating two teams that make it to BCS bowl games (assuming BSU runs the table) would look fairly impressive to the computers, which have not been friendly to them. The pollsters will give them a boost, too. IIRC, Boise didn't get past the #5 spot in the Coaches' Poll, and no higher than #6 in the Harris poll. The began the preseason in 2009 at #16 in the Coaches. They are starting this year at #5. Florida, 'Bama, and Texas all have some real chances to lose. If they do, Boise is then all of a sudden in the top 2. And keep in mind that when the first Harris Poll comes out (after week 4), they will have beaten Virginia Tech and Oregon State, so they will start high (assuming they beat both VT and OSU).

The human polls are going to help them out big-time this year.

It would surprise me if they made it past both OSU and VT.

If they do win both games they'll probably whine their way into a good bowl game.

Latest posts