Iowa #9 in first CFB Playoff ranking

MikeyLikesIowa

Title speaks for itself. Here are the top ten rankings.

1. Clemson
2. LSU
3. Ohio State
4. Alabama
5. Notre Dame
6. Baylor
7. Michigan State
8. TCU
9. IOWA
10. Florida

I was just happy to see stanford below iowa where they belong. Just keep winning and it will all sort itself out

My other issue is how far does alabama fall if they lose to lsu? A 2 loss team has to drop out of the top 10 but how do you justify a #4 team losing to a #2 team and dropping to #12 or so.

SEC bias at its best

I kinda think Iowa would be behind Alabama. We don't jump them unless we beat OSU/Michigan State. People are really not giving us any credit at all for our schedule to start the year because the last few suck.

I don't believe any one loss team belongs ahead of any TCU, Iowa, MSU or even Baylor at this point, but it doesn't matter much right now. B10 will get 1 in if undefeated. By the apparent logic of today's poll, OSU should be able to lose a game and hold their position in the top 4. They are just as pretty al Alabama after all.

The one guy claiming that Memphis should be ahead of Iowa with the argument basically being that they beat an SEC team was dumb as ****.

If I would've told you Iowa would be #9 in the first CFB Playoff Ranking on Aug 30th, I would've been banned. Even HawkNick didn't have a Kool Aid stash that big!

#9 sounds pretty good considering where everyone had us in August.God must be helping Notre Dame again this year.I would put TCU ahead of Baylor.

BTW, now would be the time to turn off ESPN. You're not going to get any meaningful info from that pile of talking idiots.

The one guy claiming that Memphis should be ahead of Iowa with the argument basically being that they beat an SEC team was dumb as ****.

I didn't see this, but I think it's a slam dunk bet that it was David Pollack that said this. He has been VERY negative of Iowa every time they're brought up.

I didn't see this, but I think it's a slam dunk bet that it was David Pollack that said this. He has been VERY negative of Iowa every time they're brought up.

It was. It was stupid. The guy acted shocked that Stanford wasn't higher then tried to claim Wisconsin was our best win. WHY DOES NO ONE MENTION THE FACT THAT WE DESTROYED THE TEAM THAT DOMINATED STANFORD

Last edited:

LOL Yeah, I just rewound the DVR and watched it. And I quote...

"Can, I ask you a question? In any realm in this world, should Iowa be ranked ahead of Memphis?"

He even went out if his way a minute or two later to bring up Iowa again to express his disdain for them. Haterz gonna hate I guess.

Notre Dame is a head scratcher but what about Alabama's resume is better than ours? If they beat LSU I can buy an argument that puts them ahead of us but right now? No, that's SEC/Alabama bias as far as I'm concerned.

Latest posts