Iowa 7th in B1G in 2011

Yes me too. Hawks play way better when they arent supposed to be good. With that said... I think they will be bad next year very very bad as bad as bad can be.

Its a nice positive spin , but for the most part its the same thing as saying Iowa can't live up to the hype. There is no denying the program took a step back this year. I'm confident KF and company can turn it around again, I just hope this year was the slide.

We'll see how things look after spring practice. Even at that, unless it's Ohio State, it's tough to accurately predict a power ranking for any given team.

Let's see. Last August Iowa entered fall practice with three proven tailbacks and what a lot of experts thought the best DL in college football. 'nuff said.

The bigger joke is that Illinois is below us, they have a very very dangersous team that will give pretty much anyone a run for their money.

I'm tired of holding my breath for that "Breakout" national championship year. I'm happy when we overachieve and disappointed when we underachieve. I don't exactly know what to expect in a given year, so no more emotional roller coasters about rankings. Especially in January.

I'm tired of holding my breath for that "Breakout" national championship year. I'm happy when we overachieve and disappointed when we underachieve. I don't exactly know what to expect in a given year, so no more emotional roller coasters about rankings. Especially in January.

Why hold your breath for something that'll never happen? I'm a big Hawkeye fan but no longer hold expectation that Iowa will ever compete for a national championship in anything other than wrestling.

The bigger joke is that Illinois is below us, they have a very very dangersous team that will give pretty much anyone a run for their money.

While Illinois had recruited well, their talent level has dropped significantly with the early entries to the draft and the seniors that were on this team. Illinois will not push in 2011 for the east and I wish Iowa were playing them the next two seasons.

Why hold your breath for something that'll never happen? I'm a big Hawkeye fan but no longer hold expectation that Iowa will ever compete for a national championship in anything other than wrestling.

If you watched the BCS games this year it was pretty obvious that Iowa just doesn't have the athletes that these schools have. I'm not saying there's no chance in hell but it would have to be a miracle type situation.

Takes some great coaching decisions (which seems like KF makes more blunders than good calls), staying healthy, and luck.

2010 didn't have too many bounces go Iowa's way, which was the opposite of 2009. In fact, both seasons were almost the same except for the luck. And Stanzi too. He played great in the 1st half of games, and bad in the 2nd half. 2009 was opposite.

It's what you get for losing to Minnesota.
And beating #12 Missouri? And being the only Big Ten team to win their bowl game? (tOSU didn't win in my mind, Arkansas lost and tOSU flagrantly violated suspension standard practice).
Just saying, we played better a better opponent than Michigan, Penn State, Illinois, Northwestern and actually won.

Takes some great coaching decisions (which seems like KF makes more blunders than good calls), staying healthy, and luck.

2010 didn't have too many bounces go Iowa's way, which was the opposite of 2009. In fact, both seasons were almost the same except for the luck. And Stanzi too. He played great in the 1st half of games, and bad in the 2nd half. 2009 was opposite.

The last three seasons could all be grouped together in that category. 2008 was the same way. Lost close games to Pitt, NW, MSU, and Illinois, any of those four games could have bounced Iowa's way. For the most part this is what we get with Iowa football under Kirk. We play the other team close. The good side of it means we always have a chance to win. The bad side of it is that the other team always has a chance to win too.

Iowa is way undervalued. They have what could be the best offensive line in the league and a very tough runner coming back in Coker. he didn't just do it against Missouri, ask OSU how tough he ran when he started in Robinson's place. Then you factor in the schedule and it even improves Iowa's position. Unless Martinez learns to pass next year and losing 3 offensive line starters, especially with that schedule Nebraska is overvalued.

This is sickening. If this were my beliefs, there would be nothing else to cheer for. Does anyone else feel this way? Then again if he has this kind of though process because Iowa continues to let us down on the big stage, I can understand it.

People that keep talking about PSU having a 'young team' or 'a lot of ingredients' haven't taken a close look at that program. I think they are no better than 7-5 next year. Illinois was set to have a good year, but they just got smoked by early entries to the draft.

Here is a 'I haven't looked deep into every two deep or schedule' rank for me right now based upon talent on the field for next year, and nothing else

1. Ohio State
2. Nebraska
3. Michigan State
t4. Iowa/Wisconsin
6. Penn State
7. Michigan
8. Illinois
9. Northwestern
10. Purdue
11. Indiana
12. Minnesota

Now, I don't think NW is going to have the 9th worst record...just saying what I see from a possible starting line talent perspective.

Latest posts