Iowa #31 and ISU #46 on the current Rivals recruiting rankings

Mesaclone

Banned
Looks like a solid year developing for both schools in terms of football recruiting. Of course, its all about how you finish.

Looks like a solid year developing for both schools in terms of football recruiting. Of course, its all about how you finish.

I'm very happy with where Rhoads has this team. We haven't been in the 40's in a long time but that really isn't what impresses me the most. The best part about his recruiting is that we are getting a committment out of all but 1 of the guys who have taken an official visit to Iowa State. Very impressive. That and we have more committments at this stage than any other time ever, which makes you believe we are getting our first or second options.

Iowa's recruiting class is as good of a class as they have had also IMO. Very impressive. They got all the best in state talent which is important and they have gotten some solid talent outside the state as well

rhoads will turn this team around...gotta love an iowa coach bringing this team together. its all about being a team and not having one big name

We were even higher than that before Matt Hoch decommited and went to Mizzou. I think we were in the top 25.

Also for comparison Scout has Iowa at 36 and ISU at 71.

Unfortunately for the Clones, as other teams start signing more recruits their ranking will slide quite a bit. That doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad class though...

I'm a little surprised about PSU exceptionally high team ranking (#5), and tOSU's particularly low team ranking (#25, and 0 5 star recruits).

ISU has about half their class full of Jucos...

Its a nice class, but its deceiving IMHO if you ignore that they have so many two year guys.

Plus some of their three star players have offers from fcs schools only...

listen to me! listen to me! somebody listen to me!!!!! I am sooooo thankful that the cornholers gave us the ball 8 times.... aaaahhahahhahhhahahha

ISU has about half their class full of Jucos...

Its a nice class, but its deceiving IMHO if you ignore that they have so many two year guys.

Plus some of their three star players have offers from fcs schools only...

Yep, I would say 7 of 25 are JUCOs is about half! Good math! You should check the facts before you type stuff.

ISU usually does well with JUCO's...they have to bring in JUCO's to up the talent in each class. Also I would say ISU beat Iowa a bunch of times with a bunch of JUCO guys in their ranks, just saying. I don't know why JUCO's are seen as a negative...

Rhodes is doing an exceptional job at ISU. It will be interesting to see if he can take them to a higher lever than Mac did and if so sustain it. I think he just might.

Yep, I would say 7 of 25 are JUCOs is about half! Good math! You should check the facts before you type stuff.

Typical ISU fan, getting bent out of shape about something thats a figure of speach.

normal person: iowa state is red and yellow

isu fan: NO! WE'RE CARDINAL AND GOLD AND SOMETIMES WE ADD BLUE TOO.. YEAAHH I'D TOTALLY SAY THATS RED AND YELLOW WHAT ARE YOU COLOR BLIND?

Typical ISU fan, getting bent out of shape about something thats a figure of speach.

normal person: iowa state is red and yellow

isu fan: NO! WE'RE CARDINAL AND GOLD AND SOMETIMES WE ADD BLUE TOO.. YEAAHH I'D TOTALLY SAY THATS RED AND YELLOW WHAT ARE YOU COLOR BLIND?

I'm not bent out of shape. It's not that hard to go to a recruiting website and count the JUCOs. And the person who said it was just a typical Hox fan demeaning our team AGAIN. GO FIGURE! And how did team colors get brought into this? So the Hox are black and yellow, right?

Either way 7 JUCO's is a bunch for one recruiting class.

Seven isn't really that high for a brand new coach in his first full class. He's getting players that fit the schemes. Nothing wrong with speeding up the process a little. Besides, they have four of the seven already on campus for lifting and spring ball. That basically takes all of the risk out of signing a JUCO...academically, socially, learning the schemes.

Latest posts