Iowa #25 in Coaches Poll

For all the talk of Iowa's weak non-con schedule, and it has been the 5th easiest in ALL of college basketball, they do play Xavier, possibly UTEP/Tenn and Kansas, Notre Dame, and Iowa State on the road. Oh and play in the big boys league of the Big Ten.

Iowa State beat Michigan (who Iowa plays TWICE), play at BYU, and at home vs Iowa. Then play in the Big 12 against Oklahoma State, Kansas, Baylor, and then garbage. ISU's schedule is much easier than Iowa's. ISU has just played 1/3 of their toughest games already. Iowa hasn't played any.

At last! First time since 2006!

Rankings don't mean a lot early in the season but it still feels good regardless.. We didn't even sniff the rankings since Alford bolted for UNM, so kudos to Fran for getting the program back to respectability!

For all the talk of Iowa's weak non-con schedule, and it has been the 5th easiest in ALL of college basketball, they do play Xavier, possibly UTEP/Tenn and Kansas, Notre Dame, and Iowa State on the road. Oh and play in the big boys league of the Big Ten.

Iowa State beat Michigan (who Iowa plays TWICE), play at BYU, and at home vs Iowa. Then play in the Big 12 against Oklahoma State, Kansas, Baylor, and then garbage. ISU's schedule is much easier than Iowa's. ISU has just played 1/3 of their toughest games already. Iowa hasn't played any.

Frun Mcafferty is just following Hawkeyenation's boy Kurt Furuntz's scheduling lead...Frun could do better though...can't he get Arkansas State or Eastern Illinois to come to Carver Hawkeye????????

*In no way, shape or form should this post be taken as anything besides a poor parody attempt of some of Iowa's "best" fans.

Sumpin funny going on. Linky goes to week 2 rankings. Sos I click to NCAAbball home page on USAtoday, see the linky that says Iowa and Crayton join top 25, linky go to week two rankings.. WTH?

First time in 7 years but strange that they wouldn't have Iowa State in.

BOYCOTT THE USATODAY!!! COACHES POLL SUCK! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Wonder if I should venture over to cyfan and see if that is really going on. . .

BOYCOTT THE USATODAY!!! COACHES POLL SUCK! IT'S A CONSPIRACY!

Wonder if I should venture over to cyfan and see if that is really going on. . .
They're saying coaches sucks and ballots were filled out before ISU win vs Michigan. No mention of Iowa except they think ISU will be top 15 when Iowa goes to Lames.

They're saying coaches sucks and ballots were filled out before ISU win vs Michigan. No mention of Iowa except they think ISU will be top 15 when Iowa goes to Lames.

Yup. Just went over there and read it myself. One guy called the coaches poll trash. I guess they could be top 15 in a month when we played them, but so could Iowa. If Iowa has only 1 loss coming into that game(KU) they could also be ranked top 15, undefeated and they should definitely be top 15.

I would say that it just means that coaches know a lot about basketball and knows what a good team looks like. We're just no higher because of our SOS, they want to rank us higher but it's challenging to justify it.) They also know that beating an overrated team on your home floor isn't that hard.

Yup. Just went over there and read it myself. One guy called the coaches poll trash. I guess they could be top 15 in a month when we played them, but so could Iowa. If Iowa has only 1 loss coming into that game(KU) they could also be ranked top 15, undefeated and they should definitely be top 15.

I don't agree with a lot of things said on that site, but just like football, the coaches poll does sort of suck because coaches don't take it seriously. A lot of times the SID fills it out, not the coach. For the record I think both in-state schools deserve to be ranked in both polls.

Latest posts