Iowa #25 in Coaches Poll

Well we will see some more realistic assessments soon.... Long way to go.

It's possible that both ISU and Iowa could be ranked when they meet... but Iowa could play Kansas ect.

They're saying coaches sucks and ballots were filled out before ISU win vs Michigan.

So the coaches moved ISU from 39th to 27th based solely off their win over Texas AMCC?

The Clowns received 49 points in the poll compared to only 3 last week because they pummeled a terrible team by 30?

Thats essentially what ISU fans are saying if they are really convinced that the people who vote in the coaches poll filled out their ballots before ISU's win over Michigan.

That makes a lot of sense.

For all the talk of Iowa's weak non-con schedule, and it has been the 5th easiest in ALL of college basketball, they do play Xavier, possibly UTEP/Tenn and Kansas, Notre Dame, and Iowa State on the road. Oh and play in the big boys league of the Big Ten.

Iowa State beat Michigan (who Iowa plays TWICE), play at BYU, and at home vs Iowa. Then play in the Big 12 against Oklahoma State, Kansas, Baylor, and then garbage. ISU's schedule is much easier than Iowa's. ISU has just played 1/3 of their toughest games already. Iowa hasn't played any.

This is true, but given that ISU has already played a tough team and Iowa has not I think that it is fair for ISU to be ranked ahead of Iowa right now. In a way, I sort of prefer as when we play them it will be a chance to beat a ranked opponent on the road and these victories are pretty damn rare. If we win two in Atlantis, and take care of Notre Dame we should stay ranked. A loss on the road to a top 25 ISU team should not drop us out of the pulls. That said, I hope we win, but I think it is fair to say that ISU is better than expected. I think are only tougher games will be at Michigan, at Ohio State, at Michigan State, and possible Kansas. At Wisconsin and at Indiana could be tougher, but I think ISU is better than Indiana and we have Bo Ryan's number.

So the coaches moved ISU from 39th to 27th based solely off their win over Texas AMCC?

The Clowns received 49 points in the poll compared to only 3 last week because they pummeled a terrible team by 30?

Thats essentially what ISU fans are saying if they are really convinced that the people who vote in the coaches poll filled out their ballots before ISU's win over Michigan.

That makes a lot of sense.

It actually makes sense if half of the coaches filled in their ballots before the game.

Latest posts