Iowa 2-Deep for Northwestern Game

Martin is either the most overrated recruit ever or Brian and Kirk have some kind of vendetta against him.
I go with Kirk holding some grudge against. Who knows, maybe Kirk is irked that Oliver picked Michigan when he was still in high school. I really wonder if he regrets transferring to Iowa now? How will he play next year when all the receivers are back?

OMG! A Ferentz in charge of the defense?

That be like putting Hillary Clinton in charge of the NRA.

And how did we get forty posts into this thread and no mentions of nepotism with Dillon Doyle?

My biggest fear with Brian getting the HC position is that few competent assistant coaches in their right mind will join his staff.

Assistant coaches want stability first, the mobility to move onward and upward second. Who knows how stable this program will be when GarBar is allowed to hire a coach, or more accurately when the boosters are.
I'll say it again, if BF becomes head coach, his brothers James and Steve will be on his staff. They are digging the Ferentz family very deep into the Iowa program. Iowa football may be stuck with this family for many, many, many years to come.

I'll say it again, if BF becomes head coach, his brothers James and Steve will be on his staff. They are digging the Ferentz family very deep into the Iowa program. Iowa football may be stuck with this family for many, many, many years to come.

You are a bad joke.

OMG! A Ferentz in charge of the defense?

That be like putting Hillary Clinton in charge of the NRA.

And how did we get forty posts into this thread and no mentions of nepotism with Dillon Doyle?

My biggest fear with Brian getting the HC position is that few competent assistant coaches in their right mind will join his staff.

Assistant coaches want stability first, the mobility to move onward and upward second. Who knows how stable this program will be when GarBar is allowed to hire a coach, or more accurately when the boosters are.

I can see Seth Wallace being the DC in perpetuity after Parker retires and I like that hire.

Parker will be the biggest victim of the nepotism within the program. I could see BF firing him when he becomes HC and hiring his brother to be DC.

You did see James Ferentz in as full back last night for New England didn't you??? Hell of a block letting the RB score.

Tracy and a no-name listed ahead of Martin is a joke. Obviously we haven’t seen a ton of him, but I refuse to believe that Martin would have dropped even half of the balls Tyrone Tracy has. He’s got some great skills and will be good, but he gets way more targets than someone who drops the ball as much as he does should. As others have pointed out, there’s a lot to question with this depth chart. I’m starting to get really jaded with this staff, more so than usual. I’m now fully expecting them to drop a schedule that could have been 9-10 wins to the 7-8 win range, and I’m generally pretty optimistic.
I was just thinking the same, I really like Tracy and I feel he has more YAC skills than any other receiver we have, but man he needs to quit dropping balls. It's ok though b/c he's only a RS FR. I think too often he's a little concerned what to do after the catch and loses focus. That's a coachable thing vs just having bad hands IMO

Yea, there's some curious stuff on here, for sure. I was watching Hankins pretty closely and didn't think he played that poorly. Moss is good in short coverage, but does not have the straight-line speed to keep up with many WRs -- as Purdue exposed the past 2 years. I don't care where you put Nieman, but he's a lot better than Campbell or Doyle and you've gotta have him on the field...Doyle is not ready, period. I'm beginning to think coaches are perhaps thinking of redshirting Brents and Oliver -- has Oliver played in more than 4 games?
Say what? Moss was an amazing track star in high school, Link
Speed is not Moss' issue.

Iowa WR have had drop issues since 2006 and on. Then we brought in Soup, and it really cleaned up. DJK used to drop a lot too, and while he didn't have the ability of a McNutt I do remember him getting much much better. Than GDGD came in and it all fell apart.

Now would be the time to get Soup back with the quality we have (or appear to have) at WR. And I mean a quality WR coach like Soup, who was known all over the country for his teaching ability.

As for Martin, I would be willing to bet it's a combo of how willing he is to block on run plays, and the coaches feeling he needs to put in his time before getting reps over the guys.

It's never about talent and making plays on offense for KF, it's about doing your job. For WR over the last nine years it's blocking, not dropping the ball, and no turnovers.

How many deep passes have been thrown over the middle of the field this season? Every deep pass, lob or whatever style has always been to the sideline to minimize the risk of a turnover + return