Iowa 18 point favorite

I hate this game and I hate these odds. Kirk-coached teams always seem to play down to Little Sister's level.

I'd love to see the team hang 35 on the Clowns in the first quarter like a Fry-coached team did against someone (Illinois, possibly) many years ago.
Was at that game and I wish KF would get the killer instinct that Fry had. If we don't win this game the fire KF will start all over again! I really think we've got this one pretty easy.

Was at that game and I wish KF would get the killer instinct that Fry had. If we don't win this game the fire KF will start all over again! I really think we've got this one pretty easy.
Watched the game on TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I can imagine what it must have been like in the stadium! Just a total humiliation. Amirite that it was Illannoy?

Watched the game on TV and couldn't believe what I was seeing. I can imagine what it must have been like in the stadium! Just a total humiliation. Amirite that it was Illannoy?
Yes it was Illanoy! They were supposed to be pretty good that year. It was a lot of fun watching the Hawks run up and down the field that day. The score was like 55-0. Something like that.

This is the first year that I don't think that there is much of a chance for a competitive game. UNI was gaining 7 yards on broken plays almost the entire game. ISU couldn't get out of their own way. Last year's game could have gone either way. This year I think that a 30 or 40 point Iowa win isn't crazy to predict.

I think Iowa 'held back' a lot of things in the first game (like CJ making plays with his feet, etc.) but ISU will get the full gamut of Iowa's offense and defense and we made it out of the 1st game 'healthy'. I don't remember my preseason prediction, but I'm saying 45-10.

This is the first year that I don't think that there is much of a chance for a competitive game. UNI was gaining 7 yards on broken plays almost the entire game. ISU couldn't get out of their own way. Last year's game could have gone either way. This year I think that a 30 or 40 point Iowa win isn't crazy to predict.

Last years game really couldn't have gone either way. When you gain about 60 total yards in the second half, and never cross the 50 yard line, you are never a threat to score. Iowa completely controlled that entire second half last year, and should have won by 21 if Canzeri doesn't fumble in the 2nd half.

I think Iowa 'held back' a lot of things in the first game (like CJ making plays with his feet, etc.) but ISU will get the full gamut of Iowa's offense and defense and we made it out of the 1st game 'healthy'. I don't remember my preseason prediction, but I'm saying 45-10.

If we're up 21-0 early again, ISU might not see the full gamut after all.

My best guess is Iowa wins by 10-14. As most have said, we are a good enough team to cover but history just isn't in our favor of beating ISU by 15-16 points.

My best guess is Iowa wins by 10-14. As most have said, we are a good enough team to cover but history just isn't in our favor of beating ISU by 15-16 points.
'History' isn't playing the game. Totally different 'teams' line up every year, so history has virtually nothing to do with any given outcome.

UNI had a very mobile / quick QB and ran lots of motion sets. I dont' think CJ is quite as quick as Bailey. Lanning also completed passes to more than just Lazard. His first td pass was a good one to Daley. Completed passes to 8 different receivers. Iowa will need to be getting pressure on Lanning, and making him make those unadvised throws. All safeties and corners will need to be on their game - in my opinion.

This game and uni game is like comparing apples to oranges. We all know how much trouble iowa has had defending mobile qbs. Bailey is very athletic but not a good thrower and i believe that uni ran for 230 yds on 58 carries which isnt that great. The problem seems to be that the offense let the defense down. I dont see that changing anytime soon with that piss poor oline. Iowa wins big in this game.

My point was that UNI had a mobile / quick QB and motions sets that exposed ISU defenses. I don't think Iowa is that mobile. We will have to beat them with good blocking schemes and good play calling.

My point was that UNI had a mobile / quick QB and motions sets that exposed ISU defenses. I don't think Iowa is that mobile. We will have to beat them with good blocking schemes and good play calling.

Which I would be concerned about a couple years ago, but Greg Davis has really improved his play calling and the offensive line was dominant last week. Iowa will be able to run the ball on ISU, and Davis will not hesitate to let CJ make them pay over the top. I remember the 2014 game was brutal to watch because Davis was so damn conservative and Rudock never threw the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Basically gave them the game. It was the worst offensively called game I had ever seen.