Iowa 100/1

I think any voter that put California or Cornell ahead of Iowa in 1921 is either biased or crazy. Anyways if they had then what they had now Iowa would have beat both of them in the 4 team play off. I already went over why Iowa was better than Cornell. With regards to California they were tied by Washington and Jefferson in the Rose Bowl, Iowa also had a stronger schedule. California's only "top 25" win was again USC. Both Notre Dame and Illinois were better teams that year than USC.

Last edited:
I don't feel stupid, I know my arguments for the 1921 team are sound. I will take Iowa against any team in the country.

You can say all you want against me, but my reasoning why I would theoretically take the bet still holds up and that is odds over time. Even if it does not pay off one year, odds are it will eventually. Let's think about this another way. If all the past 100 teams have played in the current system with a 4 team playoff how many would have been in the playoff? Chances are:

Of those 7 odds are at least 2 would have won. The rules would have benefited the 1960 team a lot, that was a great team that does not get it's due. The Rose Bowl invitation rules at the time worked against them. I have no doubt that the next 100 will be even better.

Just because they are 100/1 one year doesn't mean they have the same odds every year. In '05 I'm sure they were way less than 100/1.

That complicates the math to a large degree. It is getting late I will think about it more tomorrow morning.

I don't feel stupid, I know my arguments for the 1921 team are sound. I will take Iowa against any team in the country.

The 1921 team had a lack of depth at linebacker and really didn't have a good kicking game. The '22 team was much more solid. There was experience, tenacity, and intangibles that could have only been seen in person. I really wish you could have seen them, sonny. They were the bees knees.

The 1921 team had a lack of depth at linebacker and really didn't have a good kicking game. The '22 team was much more solid. There was experience, tenacity, and intangibles that could have only been seen in person. I really wish you could have seen them, sonny. They were the bees knees.

Seems like yesterday. ...

The NCAA does not officially recognize any FBS football championships, Scooter. They are merely compiling a list from other sources. How does it feel to look as stupid as Hawknick? I'll admit, it's quite a feat.

I should punch your momma in the mouth and kick your dad in the Dick for even having you! of course they recognize national champions. Your mom should have swallowed your daddy's baby gravy cause you are a waste of space. Hell I should punch you in the mouth for being a Hawk fan LOL you *******.....