Iowa -1.5 v Penn State

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
Ken Miller of KXNO just tweeted that. He also works for Cantor Gaming. Kinnick is a 5 or 6 point stadium.

I'd be skeptical about that line. Just back from East Lansing. Watched our line play through bino's the entire game. I'm encouraged, but every game will be a game for these guys. I'm happy, excited and encouraged, but MSU lost the game as much as we won it.

I give them a ton of credit. They didn't quit, and they deserved to win, but MSU debacle at the end of the first half, and that they went away from the run lost the game for them.

Also, to be perfectly honest, I wanted to check my v cash total.

Our defense has done a good of keeping oppopnents out of the endzone. If we don't allow touchdowns Penn State's kicker is shaky at best.

Well in fairness to the oddsmakers, our offense has been really good at keeping our offense out of the endzone as well.

But we have the advantage with Meyer.

penn state has started to find their groove now. they will actually be able to score some points. we better figure out how to do the same.

Our offense played well given the conditions. It was tough up there, and MSU defense, although not all world, was pretty good.

Our defense has done a good of keeping oppopnents out of the endzone. If we don't allow touchdowns Penn State's kicker is shaky at best.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, its pretty much TD or bust for PSU. Usually its 3rd down defense that is a huge factor in the game. This time around, at least on Iowa's side of the 50, it will be their 4th down defense that will be the key.

I think Michigan has a better defense then Penn State. We are playing at home is a big plus. Go Hawks

penn state has started to find their groove now. they will actually be able to score some points. we better figure out how to do the same.

I'm not buying on Penn State yet. They look a lot like Iowa, except that I'd argue that Iowa has shown more with wins against Minnesota and at Michigan State. PSU had a nice win against Northwestern at home and they beat an Illinois team on the road that will be lucky to win four games. Otherwise it's home wins against Navy and Temple, a home loss to a good Ohio team and a road loss to a bad Virginia team. If Iowa plays like they've been playing they will be the best defense PSU's faced this year by a good margin.

Of course that doesn't mean we can't (and won't) lose. I just am not yet convinced that Penn State is more like the team that beat Northwestern than they are like the team that lost to Virgina.

I'm not buying on Penn State yet. They look a lot like Iowa, except that I'd argue that Iowa has shown more with wins against Minnesota and at Michigan State. PSU had a nice win against Northwestern at home and they beat an Illinois team on the road that will be lucky to win four games. Otherwise it's home wins against Navy and Temple, a home loss to a good Ohio team and a road loss to a bad Virginia team. If Iowa plays like they've been playing they will be the best defense PSU's faced this year by a good margin.

Of course that doesn't mean we can't (and won't) lose. I just am not yet convinced that Penn State is more like the team that beat Northwestern than they are like the team that lost to Virgina.

Good breakdown....

i see where you're coming from, but i disagree. i think their first few games aren't what they are now. we'll see though. they were in a huge funk to start the year, now it looks like they've found out what they are and doing just that. finally finding their identity. can't necessarily say the same about us.

Latest posts