Interesting

But that was no different under Fry and it'll be no different with any other coach we get in here after Ferentz hangs it up. I don't think he's done anything special in the talent acquiring department from out of state. In fact, I'd venture to say that Fry got in BETTER out of state talent. We got a TON of guys from Texas and New Jersey when Fry was here. Now, we're lucky if we get a Texas guy once every 2 or 3 years.

But what has separated Ferentz's tenure from Fry's tenure regarding personnel is how well players have been coached up and then subsequently drafted. Fry didn't put near the number of players in the NFL as Ferentz has.

You're just underscoring points I've already reiterated many times.

people need to look at the situation for what it is...

he is making about $1.8mm to win games, and he is probably somewhere between average and good at accomplishing that.

He is making an additional $2mm to represent the program, university, and state...and there is no one in the country that I would rather have doing so. iowa fans all see a little of themselves in Kirk, so he is easy to get behind and be proud of, even when the on-field results are not there. he is humble, honest, and charitable and thats what makes the program what it is.

people need to look at the situation for what it is...

he is making about $1.8mm to win games, and he is probably somewhere between average and good at accomplishing that.

He is making an additional $2mm to represent the program, university, and state...and there is no one in the country that I would rather have doing so. iowa fans all see a little of themselves in Kirk, so he is easy to get behind and be proud of, even when the on-field results are not there. he is humble, honest, and charitable and thats what makes the program what it is.

This is a great point....agreed.

We can all agree that we want more success, we don't want to lose to teams that we appear to have a significant advantage on - especially on a regular basis. But the story goes WELL beyond W-L, and you think it doesn't, your blind. KF is the man for this job, and will be for the near future....at least.

Latest posts