Interesting tidbit

Husky28

Per Hawkeyesports.com:

Iowa is one of eight schools nationally to make a bowl game in football, advanced to the men's and women's basketball NCAA Tournaments, and play in an NCAA Regional in baseball. The list includes: Arkansas, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, and Texas.

Only Iowa and Oklahoma State played in a January bowl game.

Per Hawkeyesports.com:

Iowa is one of eight schools nationally to make a bowl game in football, advanced to the men's and women's basketball NCAA Tournaments, and play in an NCAA Regional in baseball. The list includes: Arkansas, Iowa, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Notre Dame, Oklahoma State, and Texas.

January bowl game....lol -- still a terrible bowl game and got blown out. The baseball team hasn't been in this position in 30-40 years. Good for them

Plus we're the northern-most state listed (except maybe NDU) so I guess we're getting recruits to come to cold Iowa.

Gotta love all the positive feedback... Some just can't stand the thought of positive news/results...

I do tire of the response to any good news about Iowa being a series of negative posts. How about if when something good happens, we celebrate, rather than repeat the same old criticism that we have read from the same old posters time and again. We get it: You want to fire Barta, Ferentz, maybe Fran and now that we have a new president coming in, maybe things will be better. About summarize it? Geez, you guys. Come on.

The football program is better now than it was when I started to follow them under Cummings. The basketball program in my opinion is not where it was under Lute or Mr. Davis. We got used to being in the NCAA basketball tournaments back then. So Fran has a ways to go but he could be on the cusp of something great.

This is good news if things trend up. I hope it does but at the same time something yearns inside of me to be more that just a jack of many trades but a master of none. Sports is meant to be competitive with the ultimate goal to at least reach greatness periodically. With out looking it up tell me what team finished second or third in their divisions two years ago in all the BCS conferences in basketball or football? .................... Crickets...............

I do tire of the response to any good news about Iowa being a series of negative posts. How about if when something good happens, we celebrate, rather than repeat the same old criticism that we have read from the same old posters time and again. We get it: You want to fire Barta, Ferentz, maybe Fran and now that we have a new president coming in, maybe things will be better. About summarize it? Geez, you guys. Come on.

Don't you get it? These guys are like the stereotypical deal killing lawyers. You can't pretend that you look like an expert when you agree with something positive. You always have to find a reason to tear something down so you can pretend you know better how to do it.

Don't you get it? These guys are like the stereotypical deal killing lawyers. You can't pretend that you look like an expert when you agree with something positive. You always have to find a reason to tear something down so you can pretend you know better how to do it.

You should probably have a comma after stereotypical.

keep in mind, those negative posts are really a small fraction of readers here.

I enjoy seeing the success that the teams are having! Add to that a top 2 wrestling finish and Iowa is the only one!

This sounds like a post put out by Jamie Pollard about the Cy-Hawk Trophy always failing to mention that it does not include half of the men's sports that ISU does not have, and Iowa does. And that no Hawk fan gives a rip about.

Per Hawkeyesports.com:

Well, there ya go. We got that going for us........which is nice.

Latest posts