Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools!

Re: Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools

ISU doubles its revenue. Stays in one of the best BCS football conferences in the nation. And is now in what is likely the BEST basketball conference in America.

Yeah. Really got "bent over" on that one.

BBall...BigEast... hands down. 2nd best... Big10 ;)

Re: Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools

ISU doubles its revenue. Stays in one of the best BCS football conferences in the nation. And is now in what is likely the BEST basketball conference in America.

Three words: The Big East

Let me know when ISU basketball makes the NCAA and is competitive in the Big 12 lite and then we can revisit the "bent over" again.

"More money is one thing but you have to get the talent to compete."
And that was no less true before these events. More money helps a school to market and to recruit. Thus increasing talent level.

Exactly, but ISU isn't the only Big XII school who's getting more money. If you're a solid BB player from Big XII country do you want to go to KSU or ISU? Kansas or Texas? You can market all you want but you're still only going to get the middle to lower end recruits. That's where coaching comes into play. Currently you have a passionate Football Coach (who I really like) who only has one season under his belt and an unproven basketball coach. You have every reason to be optimistic but until you actually prove that on the field/court money, marketing, recruiting, increased talent don't mean anything.

Be optimistic, but don't spend money/collect championships before they come.

Why do Cyclone fans keep talking about "doubling" their revenue? The only thing that may possibly double is the TV revenue--and even that isn't final. Even if TV revenue doubles, that is a far cry from doubling the total revenue, as is implied by that statement.

I'm also stumped how losing 2 teams from a conference makes it better? Sure, losing 2 poor bball teams may make the conference schedule a bit tougher, but how do we judge a conference? I judge a conference by quality non-conference wins, NCAA tourney wins, etc, none of which can possibly be increased by having fewer teams in a league...

ISU doubles its revenue, but so will every other BCS team in the country, and ISU will still be in the same place, comparatively.

$17 million isn't what it used to be.

The Big 12 finished ahead of the Big East last year in RPI and they just shed their worst two programs with the two most disinterested fanbases. It will IMO easily be the best basketball conference top to bottom in the country.

The Big 12 finished ahead of the Big East last year in RPI and they just shed their worst two programs with the two most disinterested fanbases. It will IMO easily be the best basketball conference top to bottom in the country.

I think its fair to argue this and you may be right. the big east proved in the tourney they were overrated. The Big 12 is salty

But my question is: how is that good for ISU? they lost their two easiest games off the conference schedule. Who are they going to beat?

If Penn state and Indiana dropped off Iowa's schedule I would be worried about an "o-fer"

In the short term it could be incredibly rough on ISU. In fact it could be downright nasty. While I am probably wrong I am picturing a league like the old Big 8. ISU went to the tourney in 95 finishing 7th in the Big 8 and going 6-8 in the league. Plus, I am somebody who will always believe in ISU as a viable product on the basketball court. We're years away but I like the foundation. Who knows though.

Big 12 is, at worst, the 3rd best BCS football conference as of this morning.

Pac 10 with USC under penalty...not even close.
Big East...please.
ACC...not even close.

SEC...best conference in America in football.
Big Ten...I'd give them the edge for 2010...but not by much.

There is no new revenue to speak of at this point. Why do you keep saying you doubled your revenue?

And Texas made Pollard pull all his teeth so that if Pollard wanted to bite all it would do is feel good to Texas...

Yea, the clowns are a player all right...and so is Pollard...on his knees and Texas is enjoying every minute....

Austin sports news and Longhorns | Statesman.com

Looks like the money will go into a reserve fund for the conference. Outstanding.

ROFLMAO!!! That's like a madam telling her whores that she's putting the money they earn into an education fund so they can improve themselves!!! Do you really believe that the Whorns and their boot licking lackey Dan Beebe have your best interest at heart? If so, you are delusional. They "suggested" the money go into a reserve fund in an effort to improve their tarnished image.

In approving the terms for the B12 south teams to stay in the conference, MU, ISU, KU, KSU and Baylor just gave the Whorns and the Whorn's evil stepbrothers free reign to daily a$$ rape them without lubricant. You would have all been better off in the MWC. Have a good time; the Huskers won't miss any of you.

Get back to us when you actually see the money. Tell you what, I'll make it easier, get back to us when you see a contract. In other words, you don't even have eggs lets alone hatched chickens. For ISU's sake I hope that vapor money isn't earmarked for anything of substance. I think I speak for everyone in the state when I say we're tired of money that could go for infrastructure upgrades going towards keeping your athletic program non-competitive in the Texas Ten Longhorn Conference.

Get back to us when you actually see the money. Tell you what, I'll make it easier, get back to us when you see a contract. In other words, you don't even have eggs lets alone hatched chickens. For ISU's sake I hope that vapor money isn't earmarked for anything of substance. I think I speak for everyone in the state when I say we're tired of money that could go for infrastructure upgrades going towards keeping your athletic program non-competitive in the Texas Ten Longhorn Conference.

Do you feel the same way about UNI? They take 3 times as much. And for the record one of the things I'm happiest with in regard to the upcoming deal is that ISU will stop taking state money. No way should that happen. As for infrustructure, I'm not sure how much you're going to get done with the extra million. Ankeny is talking about a new onramp that costs 20 million alone.

Everything is pointing to one getting worked out in the next couple of weeks. If there wasn't there wouldn't still be a conference. I don't know why this is hard to comprehend.

Promise Of FSN Extension, ESPN Stability Helps Big 12 Stay Intact

What year would this deal (Which isn't official or guaranteed) start (and thus start providing this extra income)? Don't count your chickens before they've hatched (Or even before they've laid eggs). I don't understand how that is hard to comprehend.

I think its fair to argue this and you may be right. the big east proved in the tourney they were overrated. The Big 12 is salty

But my question is: how is that good for ISU? they lost their two easiest games off the conference schedule. Who are they going to beat?

If Penn state and Indiana dropped off Iowa's schedule I would be worried about an "o-fer"

I'm still worried about an 0-fer haha...we did not get better.

Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't FSN have the option to renew the contract at the current rate? If so, they would be incredibly stupid to pay out $100 million more.

Mesaclone can keep telling himself this is a great deal but....nationally nobody cares about anyone in the Big 12 except Texas and Oklahoma. ISU may get a few more dollars, but so will everyone else in the league, so their relative position will not change (and will still be behind the SEC and Big 10). When the SEC and Big 10's TV contracts are up for renewal they will get even MORE money, putting ISU farther back.

ISU won't be able to catch up. Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are going to get proportionally more money, causing the Clones to fall even farther behind.

If that is something to be happy about, then I guess Cyclone fans can be happy.

Your knees sore yet? How about your jaw?

What year would this deal (Which isn't official or guaranteed) start (and thus start providing this extra income)? Don't count your chickens before they've hatched (Or even before they've laid eggs). I don't understand how that is hard to comprehend.

I'm just saying the deal is clearly out there, will clearly be done, and thus I don't see the reason why people keep saying "what deal!?" Could something happen between then and now? Well sure, look at how the realignment went crazy over the weekend. But for now, it's obvious that the deal is on the table and will likely happen. It would start in 2013 when CU is gone.

Mesaclone can keep telling himself this is a great deal but....nationally nobody cares about anyone in the Big 12 except Texas and Oklahoma. ISU may get a few more dollars, but so will everyone else in the league, so their relative position will not change (and will still be behind the SEC and Big 10). When the SEC and Big 10's TV contracts are up for renewal they will get even MORE money, putting ISU farther back.

ISU won't be able to catch up. Texas, Oklahoma and Texas A&M are going to get proportionally more money, causing the Clones to fall even farther behind.

If that is something to be happy about, then I guess Cyclone fans can be happy.

Nationally does anybody care about the Big 10 other than Mich, OSU, and PSU? I'd say likely they don't. Does anybody care about anything in the Pac-10 other than Oregon and USC? Does anybody care about anybody in the Big East or ACC?

Proportionally ISU will never catch up to anybody in any major conference. Just not going to happen. However more money means a lot more to ISU than it does to Texas and OU who already print money and have tons of natural advantages. That money can be great for us to become more competitive with our neighbors because they already have so much more than we do.

Latest posts