Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools!

Re: Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools

What year would this deal (Which isn't official or guaranteed) start (and thus start providing this extra income)? Don't count your chickens before they've hatched (Or even before they've laid eggs). I don't understand how that is hard to comprehend.

I thought I heard (and I could be wrong) but I think the FSN deal was up after 2012 and the ESPN deal was up after 2015, so they were extending the FSN deal another 3 years at the current payout then get a new deal done with both FSN and ESPN at the same time. So if a deal is in place with Fox, ISU isn't seeing any additional tv revenue (well a little more now that only 10 schools split the pie instead of 12) until 2016 at the earliest.

Re: Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools

I thought Pollard said in his press conference that ISU won't see an increase in TV revenue until 2015 or 16, when the ESPN deal is up. The Fox deal will be renewed at it's current rate. So really there isn't any increase for the Clones.

Austin sports news and Longhorns | Statesman.com

Looks like the money will go into a reserve fund for the conference. Outstanding.
Its because they know sooner or later (prabably sooner) they are going to bolt.

ISU is on the clock. If you think the big 12 will be with the Texas schools in a few years then you are nuts. The minute Conferences go with 16 teams texas is gone.

I thought I heard (and I could be wrong) but I think the FSN deal was up after 2012 and the ESPN deal was up after 2015, so they were extending the FSN deal another 3 years at the current payout then get a new deal done with both FSN and ESPN at the same time. So if a deal is in place with Fox, ISU isn't seeing any additional tv revenue (well a little more now that only 10 schools split the pie instead of 12) until 2016 at the earliest.

Without a football title game the revenues may actually go down without a new tv contract.

The Fox numbers being thrown around takes all tier 3 revenues (in stadium advertising and radio rights) and rolls them under that contract so don't forgot to include those revenues in the equation when computing the "increase" from a new tv contract.

Nationally does anybody care about the Big 10 other than Mich, OSU, and PSU? I'd say likely they don't. Does anybody care about anything in the Pac-10 other than Oregon and USC? Does anybody care about anybody in the Big East or ACC?

Proportionally ISU will never catch up to anybody in any major conference. Just not going to happen. However more money means a lot more to ISU than it does to Texas and OU who already print money and have tons of natural advantages. That money can be great for us to become more competitive with our neighbors because they already have so much more than we do.

You can't gain any ground if the same disparities exist...thus ISU won't be more competitive.

In football, as a member of the Big 12 North, ISU had a fighting chance at the title game. In fact, they should have been in that game on at least two occasions. Now the Clones have zero chance. None. The best season you can possibly hope for would be 8-4.

Doesn't that bother you, Clone fan? Have you sold your dignity for a few dollars? Are you "ok" with Texas running the show as long as you get a few scraps from the table?

For the life of me, I cannot fathom a fan base content with permanent mediocrity. Please explain this to me.

And is now in what is likely the BEST basketball conference in America.

Yeah. Really got "bent over" on that one.

Quite possibly one of the worst statements ever? seriously? They are a good conference, but no ACC (13 titles vs 3 for the big xii) and no, I am not an acc fan just because I live here, I cheer against them but respect them

Kansas St went to the elite 8 last year, they will be in the preseason top 10 this year. Baylor went to the elite 8 last year. Texas has as much talent as any team in the country and was ranked number one in January this season. Oklahoma and Missouri were in the elite eight two years ago. Oklahoma St is a traditionally good basketball school, A&M has been much better recently and has made the NCAA's like five years in a row. It's not just Kansas, its a solid basketball conference that just got better by getting rid of its two worse teams.

This is true! So where does that leave ISU in B-ball? The new conference doormat!

So if ISU doubles its football revenue does that mean they go from 65th to 32nd in $ generated from football?

Latest posts