Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools!

Re: Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools

you can polish it all day, its still a turd...in the end ISU and the Big 12 are still on rocky ground and if you dont think Texas has a plan to "get theirs" you are crazy....ISU got bent over in this new deal, you just dont know it yet.

Re: Interesting...Texas will not accept any "penalty" money from Big 12 North schools

Can't wait to hear the spin on why this all an evil plot by Texas and how it actually hurts ISU...yawn

Pollard knows ISU got bent over, that is why he is proposing the scoundrels forfeit the penalty money from Colorado and Nebby. The big5+little 5 is nothing but a whorehouse and DeLoss Dodds runs the brothel.

What I find interesting is that it was Iowa State's idea for Texas and the others to keep the buyout money. Just proves that ISU was so desperate that they were literally willing to do anything to keep the Big XII together. That my friends is shameful.

The way I understand it, is that Texas, Oklahoma, and Texas A&M are guaranteed the same amount of money in the Big XII, that they would have received by going to the Pac-10, and that the newly created slush fund will be used to make up the difference. They may not be taking it right now but they'll get in eventually.

I'm just wondering if the Big XII actually made the forgotten five sign in blood?

ISU doubles its revenue. Stays in one of the best BCS football conferences in the nation. And is now in what is likely the BEST basketball conference in America.

Yeah. Really got "bent over" on that one.

It's the Godfather, Part I.

Bonasera goes to the Godfather's daughter's wedding, wanting the Godfather to give him justice, but insults the Godfather with... what else... money. (Are you listening, Pollard??)

Don Corleone: Bonasera, Bonasera, what have I ever done to make you treat me so disrespectfully? If you'd come to me in friendship, this scum who ruined your daughter would be suffering this very day. And if by some chance an honest man like yourself made enemies they would become my enemies. And then, they would fear you.

Bonasera: Be my friend... Godfather.

the Don at first shrugs, but upon hearing the title he lifts his hand, and a humbled Bonasera kisses the ring on it

Don Corleone: Good.

He places his hand around Bonasera in a paternal gesture

Don Corleone: Some day, and that day may never come, I will call upon you to do a service for me. But until that day, consider this justice a gift on my daughter's wedding day.

ISU doubles its revenue. Stays in one of the best BCS football conferences in the nation. And is now in what is likely the BEST basketball conference in America.

Enough with the "doubles its revenue" comments. It isnt true. Let me know when there is a new tv deal in place and then you will be correct

Baylor, Missouri, Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State — give up part of their shares of the expected future Fox television package to Texas, Texas A&M and Oklahoma until those three reached a revenue level of $20 million in a year.

ISU hasn't gotten squat. Those numbers are based on projections and until the first payout comes there's not telling what ISU will get. As far as being in one of the "best BCS football conferences" remember that your BCS chances lie with Texas and Oklahoma. That's not a great conference that's complete domination. Basketball? Kansas and nobody else.

Come back down to earth and quit spending the money before you get it.

Mesa- love you bro, but you must be drinking bloody's this morning. The ACC, Big East AND Missouri Valley are still intact, IIRC.

ISU hasn't gotten squat. Those numbers are based on projections and until the first payout comes there's not telling what ISU will get. As far as being in one of the "best BCS football conferences" remember that your BCS chances lie with Texas and Oklahoma. That's not a great conference that's complete domination. Basketball? Kansas and nobody else.

Come back down to earth and quit spending the money before you get it.

Kansas St went to the elite 8 last year, they will be in the preseason top 10 this year. Baylor went to the elite 8 last year. Texas has as much talent as any team in the country and was ranked number one in January this season. Oklahoma and Missouri were in the elite eight two years ago. Oklahoma St is a traditionally good basketball school, A&M has been much better recently and has made the NCAA's like five years in a row. It's not just Kansas, its a solid basketball conference that just got better by getting rid of its two worse teams.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/bohls/index.htmlLooks like the money will go into a reserve fund for the conference. Outstanding.

Umm, that was merely a *suggestion* by Texas' AD. And at any rate, what pray tell will this 'reserve fund' be used for?

I give you credit for trying to find the silver lining, but your attempts at spin are bordering on the delusional.

All you've got right now is possibly no money from the exit fees and the promise of increased revenues in a new TV contract... a contract which does not exist yet. Which may never exist.

The comments from Texas Tech are meaningless, because they are not Texas. They may have integrity and all, but for their chancellor to claim that Texas does? Laughable.

The Big 12 in basketball is as good as any conference in the nation, from top to bottom. And the contract with Fox is for real...so those projections are very realistic. The deal will be signed soon and then you can read it for yourself.

Last edited:

Kansas St went to the elite 8 last year, they will be in the preseason top 10 this year. Baylor went to the elite 8 last year. Texas has as much talent as any team in the country and was ranked number one in January this season. Oklahoma and Missouri were in the elite eight two years ago. Oklahoma St is a traditionally good basketball school, A&M has been much better recently and has made the NCAA's like five years in a row. It's not just Kansas, its a solid basketball conference that just got better by getting rid of its two worse teams.

Ok, I'll concede on that point. However over the last 4 years ISU is 8-40 against Big XII teams not named Nebraska or Colorado. Hoiberg has yet to set foot on the court as a coach. I understand optimism but there's a difference between optimism and being delusional. Right now ISU is being delusional with their chances in the new Big XII. They see what they want to see and forget that they're still Iowa State and they still have that baggage that goes with that.

More money is one thing but you have to get the talent to compete.

"More money is one thing but you have to get the talent to compete."
And that was no less true before these events. More money helps a school to market and to recruit. Thus increasing talent level.

One of the best BCS conferences in the nation... top to bottom?? Yes, because there are SO many BCS conferences in the nation to choose from. Just because you're 5th best doesn't change the fact that you are 2nd to last.

There is minimal staying power in the Bevo 12 with this deal- you can't fix a broken bone with a band aid.

Big 12 is, at worst, the 3rd best BCS football conference as of this morning.

Pac 10 with USC under penalty...not even close.
Big East...please.
ACC...not even close.

SEC...best conference in America in football.
Big Ten...I'd give them the edge for 2010...but not by much.

Austin sports news and Longhorns | Statesman.com

Looks like the money will go into a reserve fund for the conference. Outstanding.

Yes it is outstanding that ISU still isn't going to see any of the $3 million from Nebraska and Colorado, are you on drugs? Imagine how far that $3 milliion could go towards bowling in the south end zone that would sit empty on game days but the stadium would look the part.

If you're talking marquee teams, the big 12 may be able to compete for 3rd best. If you're talking depth of conference... no sir- your argument falls on deaf ears.

Last edited:

Latest posts