Interesting article on future Big 12 conference expansion and..and Jerry Jones.

One thing for sure...the two egos--Texas and Notre Dame would fit well together.

Another thing, another two losses every year for the clowns to make sure they remain the doormat of the Big 12 and make them more irrelevant than they are now.

Wonder if Pollard could take Texas' manhood out of his mouth long enough to say anything but then no one asks his opinion other than whether he likes the taste. All that would happen for Pollard is that Notre Dame's chancellor would just step up and Pollard would have to service him too. Pollard better have purchased the best knee pads that money can buy.

You grossly understimate Paul Rhoads. ISU will be competitive with anybody in the conference within 5 years time...not as good as UT and Okie...but no pushover for them either, especially in Ames in November. ISU will be at the same playing level as Mizzou, Kansas and A&M and the other mid-level Big 12 teams. Given the quality of the teams in the conference, that's a good place to be in 2015.

You grossly understimate Paul Rhoads. ISU will be competitive with anybody in the conference within 5 years time...not as good as UT and Okie...but no pushover for them either, especially in Ames in November. ISU will be at the same playing level as Mizzou, Kansas and A&M and the other mid-level Big 12 teams. Given the quality of the teams in the conference, that's a good place to be in 2015.

Look Mesa, I have no clue how you can say that with a straight face considering the lack of background info we have on coach Rhoads. Now that Iowa has had KF for over a decade, it's easy to see trends and where we could possibly be going, with Rhoads, you have one year of data. This is no different than the praise you gave Chizdick when he was the coach. I'm going to say right now you guys will annually have 5 if not six teams ahead of you. Texas, A&M, TT, OU, OSU, and Mizzou.

I have a hard time believing notre dame will align themselves academically with Texas Tech, Kstate, Oklahoma State etc

On the flip side I have a hard time believing they are interested in sharing revenue with Indiana, Northwestern, Minnesota, Iowa etc

They will only go if absolutely forced and it doesnt appear that is going to be anytime soon

This is a joke right?

One thing for sure...the two egos--Texas and Notre Dame would fit well together.

Another thing, another two losses every year for the clowns to make sure they remain the doormat of the Big 12 and make them more irrelevant than they are now.

Wonder if Pollard could take Texas' manhood out of his mouth long enough to say anything but then no one asks his opinion other than whether he likes the taste. All that would happen for Pollard is that Notre Dame's chancellor would just step up and Pollard would have to service him too. Pollard better have purchased the best knee pads that money can buy.
Do you think Pollard secretley dreams of the Hawks while servicing Texas?

Look Mesa, I have no clue how you can say that with a straight face considering the lack of background info we have on coach Rhoads. Now that Iowa has had KF for over a decade, it's easy to see trends and where we could possibly be going, with Rhoads, you have one year of data. This is no different than the praise you gave Chizdick when he was the coach. I'm going to say right now you guys will annually have 5 if not six teams ahead of you. Texas, A&M, TT, OU, OSU, and Mizzou.

haha Ouch.

You do know Texas is not going to play in Ames in November don't you?

I never praised Chizik. I thought he was a good hire on paper, but someone who's heart was never in it while in Ames.

I'll grant that its early in Rhoads career...but I also remember Hayden Fry. And in similar fashion, it was apparent by the end of that first year that a new paradigm had arrived. Rhoads has a similar feel. I could of course be wrong, and I don't claim impartiality...but in 35 years as an ISU fan, this is the best I've ever felt about a football coach. Take that for what its worth.

As for when Texas comes to Ames...nobody knows yet because the schedules for post 2012 are not out. If its late October...that too can be cold and wet.

I never praised Chizik. I thought he was a good hire on paper, but someone who's heart was never in it while in Ames.

I'll grant that its early in Rhoads career...but I also remember Hayden Fry. And in similar fashion, it was apparent by the end of that first year that a new paradigm had arrived. Rhoads has a similar feel. I could of course be wrong, and I don't claim impartiality...but in 35 years as an ISU fan, this is the best I've ever felt about a football coach. Take that for what its worth.

As for when Texas comes to Ames...nobody knows yet because the schedules for post 2012 are not out. If its late October...that too can be cold and wet.

TX proved that they call the shots in the conference. No way they play the Cyclones past early Oct. Especially since they are by far, the northern most team. The probably won't go north of OK in late October.

Never going to happen, especially now. This would mean Texas would have to share the wealth again and they aren't willing to give up being the highest paid team in the "Big 12." Notre Dame wouldn't go along with Texas making more money than them either.

We all should have seen the writing on the wall. Texas never was interested in going to the PAC 10 or anywhere else. They wanted this whole deal to go down so they could be promised more money!! With Nebraska and Colorado leaving, they got it. They wanted the PAC 10 to allow them to have their own TV deal, plus make money off of the conference. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Mesa, you may think your little cyclones made off pretty good, but think again. Your little cyclones and the other little schools up North basically sold their souls to the Devil. And the devil doesn't live down in Georgia...he lives in Texas.

Never going to happen, especially now. This would mean Texas would have to share the wealth again and they aren't willing to give up being the highest paid team in the "Big 12." Notre Dame wouldn't go along with Texas making more money than them either.

We all should have seen the writing on the wall. Texas never was interested in going to the PAC 10 or anywhere else. They wanted this whole deal to go down so they could be promised more money!! With Nebraska and Colorado leaving, they got it. They wanted the PAC 10 to allow them to have their own TV deal, plus make money off of the conference. ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Mesa, you may think your little cyclones made off pretty good, but think again. Your little cyclones and the other little schools up North basically sold their souls to the Devil. And the devil doesn't live down in Georgia...he lives in Texas.

This link supports a lot of your points:
Kansas Jayhawks AD Lew Perkins: Five schools developed 'business plan' to keep Big 12 - ESPN

My God did you just compare PR to Fry? In case you haven't noticed, trying to build a program and recruiting has change drastically from 1979 to 2009.

My God did you just compare PR to Fry? In case you haven't noticed, trying to build a program and recruiting has change drastically from 1979 to 2009.

Paul Rhodes is a very good hire for Iowa St, but he has a long ways to go to be as good as Dan McCarney let alone comparisons to Hayden Fry. ISU has a tough schedule this year. 5 wins seems to be the best I could see them getting this year, maybe 6, maybe, if they get a big upset somewhere.

Notre Dame in the Big XII makes sense.

They are the only major conference that doesn't share revenue equally (I think?).

ESPN and Jerry Jones have lots of $$$ to make it happen.

ND would put a national program back in the B12 North.

It will never happen...there isn't any existing money available that Texas doesn't already claim. All this t.v. money Beebe was promising is based off of projections and estimates from t.v. execs they may not even go through with a deal with the conference in the end. I cannot for the life of me figure out why you frickin clones can't get it into your heads. Your conference may have lived another day, but it's over man...its over. That is unless the small schools are cool with getting pounded in the A$$ every year for eternity by the likes of TEXA$ and Oklahoma with no chance at all at competing due to the difference in budgets.

For Paul Rhoads I hope your expectations are met, but I'll surmise that if he is that successful he won't be the coach at ISU after 5 years. He will be making $3M at another University. Football coaches that do well at ISU move on, witness Johnny Majors and Earl Bruce. Dan McCarney had opportunities to leave and chose to stay. I often wonder if he regrets it.

Your wrong. Paul Rhoads is an Ankeny guy and ISU is his dream/destination job IMO. He has said as much and his attitude and demeanor seem thoroughly genuine. Of course, as with Kirk Ferentz, I suppose everyone has their price...but anything up to 3-4 million bucks ISU would match (if he is successful to warrant such outside offers). He is at least as securely in place at ISU as KF is at Iowa.

Latest posts