Instant Replay and the Refs moving the ball before announcement

SPGroth

I noticed that with the officiating crew for the Indiana game, that the officials were tipping their hat as to what the call was going to do on Instant Replay. All you had to do was watch the official over the ball, and they moved the ball before the Referee announced the decision to the crowd/tv audience. I don't remember an officiating crew doing it this way before. Usually, they wait to move the ball after the decision is announced.

Maybe, I just have not noticed this before? Or maybe it is due to the fact that I was sitting in row 33 instead of row 16 and had not seen this before.

It's no biggie. Most of the discussion with the booth after a call reversal is where to put the ball and where to put the clock, anyway. just getting a head start - the game was dragging on at that point anyway. I was lucky it didn't go five minutes longer or else I wouldn't have been able to re-watch the end when I got home.

Yeah this game was so long my DVR stopped recording right after DJK's touchdown (as I forgot to extend the recording time). I'll have to wait to see the end again when it is replayed on the BTN.

I had never realized that hey did this either; I certainly don't remember seeing it before in prior years (this weekend was the first game I was able to attend live).

I'll have to wait to see the end again when it is replayed on the BTN.

Sidebar: Anybody know when that replay might be?

The cameras were on KF before the call was announced and he had his 4 fingers up, saying 4th down. That's when I knew.

The cameras were on KF before the call was announced and he had his 4 fingers up, saying 4th down. That's when I knew.

I was just going to post that spank, i saw the same thing, and he didn't change his expression at all other than holding up the 4. No smile, no nothing.

Latest posts