Insight bowl passes on Neb????

I don't know... I hate to be negative here... but this is just bad, bad news. If it wasn't so costly with team development for next year, and payout to the conference I would just rather the Hawkeyes didn't play in it. I mean there is nothing good about this bowl, unless you are a Hawkeye fan living in AZ.

Jeez, Chicken Little. Lighten up.

The Big 12 is a second-rate conference that makes bad decisions - that is why two members are leaving and the rest of them are hanging on by a thread. The have one more month to "punish" Nebraska for leaving and then they will watch the Big 10 flourish while Beebe sits by the phone waiting for Texas to call and let him know they are leaving.

Missouri is simply a pawn in all of this. The Big 10's announcement today that they are "done" with expansion is the final slam of the door on their chance to escape the Big 12. If their conference does dissolve, they will have a hard time finding another BCS conference that would take them.

Last edited:
What I can't figure out is why would the Insight Bowl agree to do this??? What's in it for them??? I'm sure they felt pressure from the Big 12 to do it, but don't they value their relationship with the big 10 more??? Just moronic i wouldn't be surprised the next round of bowl realignments come around to see them dropped from the big ten bowl tie-ins and for what to make beebe and Missouri happy???

This is weird. It is very weird when you consider that last year, the Insight took ISU who had less wins, over Missouri. I really don't get it. Missouri sucks when it comes to travel.

I can't wait to hear what reasoning the Insight bowl has for taking Missouri ahead of the Huskers. That PR guy has a tough job ahead of him.

This is much better than nebby. We've been recruiting more and more in Missouri. This is the best that could have happened from going to the Insight.

I really, really , really wish we would have won a couple more games and got the Cap One against Alabama. That would have been good for recruiting.

Iowa vs. Missouri. Snooze. Plus it's on late east coast time. For the first time ever I'm actually going to TiVo or record an Iowa bowl game to watch later. Plus when is the last time Iowa actually won a game on the west coast?

I like the pick. They will be tougher to match up against, but are ranked #12 vs Nebby's #18. We get to play Nebby every year going forward and Mizzou is played once every 100 years. We owe Mizzou a whuppin anyways.

The only reason I would rather play Nebraska is that we would probably beat them, whereas I'm not so confident about Mizzoo. Nebby has a good D, but we'd get 20-24 points. We would shut down there O easily with the 4 week prep time. Mizzoo's O is a different story. and we'll score the same 20-24 points against there less worthy D.

Why is everybody ripping the Insight Bowl? Missouri is a BCS Bowl eligible team. Nebraska is not BCS eligible. Missouri is the Big 12's second highest ranked team in the BCS standings & the Harris & AP polls. Other than Michigan State, Missouri is the highest ranked team not going to a BCS Bowl. Missouri is higher ranked than Alabama.

The Insight Bowl took the highest ranked team available from the Big 12. Depending on the poll, Nebraska was the fourth or fifth ranked Big 12 team. In the final BCS standings, Nebraska was the fifth highest ranked Big 12 team.

Nebraska fell to the Holiday Bowl not because of any conspiracy, but because Nebraska is considered to be the fourth or fifth best team in the conference. In some polls, Nebraska is ranked ahead of Texas A&M, however; Texas A&M beat Nebraska.

You cannot criticize any bowl for taking Missouri, Oklahoma State or Texas A&M over Nebraska. Nebraska was not punished for leaving the Big 12. According to the rankings, Nebraska deserves to go to the Holiday Bowl. In the Big Ten, only Wisconsin & Ohio State are playing higher ranked teams than Iowa.

Make no mistake, Missouri will be a tough opponent and it would be a really good win should we pull it off. Nebraska? Now they really got screwed here. Beating Washington again won't mean much but losing would be a really embarrassing way to end the year. Nothing to gain, lots to lose. I actually feel a little sorry for them. They came within a hair of what should be an easy BCS win for Oklahoma against Uconn.

Why is everybody ripping the Insight Bowl? Missouri is a BCS Bowl eligible team. Nebraska is not BCS eligible. Missouri is the Big 12's second highest ranked team in the BCS standings & the Harris & AP polls. Other than Michigan State, Missouri is the highest ranked team not going to a BCS Bowl. Missouri is higher ranked than Alabama.

The Insight Bowl took the highest ranked team available from the Big 12. Depending on the poll, Nebraska was the fourth or fifth ranked Big 12 team. In the final BCS standings, Nebraska was the fifth highest ranked Big 12 team.

Nebraska fell to the Holiday Bowl not because of any conspiracy, but because Nebraska is considered to be the fourth or fifth best team in the conference. In some polls, Nebraska is ranked ahead of Texas A&M, however; Texas A&M beat Nebraska.

You cannot criticize any bowl for taking Missouri, Oklahoma State or Texas A&M over Nebraska. Nebraska was not punished for leaving the Big 12. According to the rankings, Nebraska deserves to go to the Holiday Bowl. In the Big Ten, only Wisconsin & Ohio State are playing higher ranked teams than Iowa.

If honestly believe that because Missouri is a higher rated program than Nebraska and that Texas A&M should be higher ranked as well because they beat the Huskers you are the crazy one. Nebraska beat Missouri and Oklahoma St. both by 10+ points and lost to A&M by 3pts. Somehow that makes them worse than all three. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard.

If honestly believe that because Missouri is a higher rated program than Nebraska and that Texas A&M should be higher ranked as well because they beat the Huskers you are the crazy one. Nebraska beat Missouri and Oklahoma St. both by 10+ points and lost to A&M by 3pts. Somehow that makes them worse than all three. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard.

In the polls they are. That's what he was saying.

I find it very interesting that Nebraska and Mizzou ended up with identical records but Nebby won the head to head so they play for the Big Twelve title. Perhaps a title game isn't always a good thing. Losing it can drop you lower than the second place team in that division. Let's all remember that the next couple years if we somehow get to the Big Ten title game. I can definitely see some ******** going on in that case. It is a weird deal, but that recent loss will decrease your winning pct. and also you must fall in the polls by nature of the beast.
I for one like the match up, we can wait for Nebraska. We get em' every year from here on out until something else changes. Of course I only discovered the pairing late last night and didn't realize Nebraska was in the mix, so that might make me more ok with it. I think the Insight will be like NW part II. I remember Mizzou and NW in the Alamo a few years back, it was insane how those two teams compare with each other.

While all this is true, the bowls don't care about the rankings, they want to make money, bring money to their local economy and have high TV ratings so next year then can charge more for advertising with high TV ratings. Are you going to say Missouri will bring the greater Phoenix area more money then Nebraska to their economy? Are you going to say Iowa/Missouri will draw higher TV ratings then Iowa/Nebraska?

How do you explain the fact that they took ISU over Missouri last year who beat ISU because they said ISU travels better? Funny how that worked last year but not this year.

Typical Husker Fan who flunked reading comprehensive 101. In addition, Nebraska lost to Texas, the last place team in the south. Nebraska also plays in the north & gets to play Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State & Colorado. In conference play, the south was 12-6 against the north. Add in the championship game, and the south was 13-6. Playing in by far and away in a much weaker division, Nebraska cannot complain.

Next year Nebraska gets to play Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Ohio State & Wisconsin (alphabetical order). A whole lot different from playing in the Big 12 North.

Typical Husker Fan who flunked reading comprehensive 101. In addition, Nebraska lost to Texas, the last place team in the south. Nebraska also plays in the north & gets to play Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State & Colorado. In conference play, the south was 12-6 against the north. Add in the championship game, and the south was 13-6. Playing in by far and away in a much weaker division, Nebraska cannot complain.

Next year Nebraska gets to play Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Ohio State & Wisconsin (alphabetical order). A whole lot different from playing in the Big 12 North.

I don't want to side with a Husker but I have to here, what the hell is your point? Missouri plays in that same crappy division you just described and gets to play those teams as well and did lose by 10+ to Nebraska.

This is the reason why the Insight Bowl will ALWAYS be a sub par bowl. They have a chance to bring real interest and a possible sell out with Nebraska to no interest and the stadium half full with Missouri. What a joke.

LOL.

Latest posts