Insight bowl passes on Neb????

Typical Husker Fan who flunked reading comprehensive 101. In addition, Nebraska lost to Texas, the last place team in the south. Nebraska also plays in the north & gets to play Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State & Colorado. In conference play, the south was 12-6 against the north. Add in the championship game, and the south was 13-6. Playing in by far and away in a much weaker division, Nebraska cannot complain.

Next year Nebraska gets to play Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Ohio State & Wisconsin (alphabetical order). A whole lot different from playing in the Big 12 North.

I am confused. The big 12 plays 4 conference games and the big 10 plays 7? I think you may have forgot a few games.

I am confused. The big 12 plays 4 conference games and the big 10 plays 7? I think you may have forgot a few games.

Again someone who flunked reading comprehension 101. It is pretty obvious Nebraska played five of their eight conference games against teams that weren't bowl eligible. Next year, seven of Nebraka's conference games will be against teams that were bowl eligible this year.

People make small, petty remarks without either reading the post or are intellectually incapable of understanding the post.

Again someone who flunked reading comprehension 101. It is pretty obvious Nebraska played five of their eight conference games against teams that weren't bowl eligible. Next year, seven of Nebraka's conference games will be against teams that were bowl eligible this year.

People make small, petty remarks without either reading the post or are intellectually incapable of understanding the post.

For someone that calls people out you sure can't count. The Huskers played Kansas St., Missouri, Oklahoma St., and Texas A&M in the regular season all are bowl eligible (4 of 8). They also played Oklahoma in the Championship game. I will say this again, they beat Missouri and Oklahoma St. teams that were selected for better bowls than the Holiday bowl just because the Huskers played an extra game and lost. While you may give Missouri the upper hand because they beat Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. did not. That is all without mentioning the fact that the Huskers already beat the team (Washington) they are slated to play in the Holiday bowl by 35 points.

This decision was made to prevent turning the Insight Bowl into a commercial for the Big Ten. Good riddance Big XII.

As much as I hate to admit it, I do think the Husker fans have something to gripe about here. They have literally one of the worst bowl match ups they could ask for (a team they already demolished once this year and will not doubt do so again in the bowl and third time within a year at the beginning of next season). Did the B12 use their weight to give Nebby a final F you? I'm not sure on that conspiracty theory, but it is possible. But if so, they would not have done it if it wasn't so easy to get away with - Mizzou, while losing to Nebby, has less losses (even though Nebbys 3rd came in the championship game) and is ranked well ahead of them. Going by record and rankings alone, Nebby is where they should be. Whether it's by chance or by design, it is what it is - a crappy bowl game for a real decent season. I'd feel robbed too if I was them.

Instead of telling people they are intellectually incapable of understanding a post you should post something that makes sense.

What does any of this have to do with the Insight passing up Nebraska for Missouri when 1) Nebraska and Missouri played each other and Nebraska won and 2) Missouri plays in the same North Division and played 5 of the same 12 teams as Nebraska?

Taking shots at Nebraska is fine, but doing it in this thread and the way you are going about it makes you look like a fool.

The Insight folks scr*wed the pooch on this one, if it was their call to make. Iowa-Nebby would have been a hot ticket and probably would have sold out in fairly quick order. Both fan bases would have been pumped and traveled in large numbers.

I called the ticket office and placed my order this morning. Was told candidly sales were not strong yet, although the office was expecting them to pick up.

I'm going to see my Arizona-based son and the Hawks. That order of importance would have been reversed with Iowa-Fuskers.

If honestly believe that because Missouri is a higher rated program than Nebraska and that Texas A&M should be higher ranked as well because they beat the Huskers you are the crazy one. Nebraska beat Missouri and Oklahoma St. both by 10+ points and lost to A&M by 3pts. Somehow that makes them worse than all three. That is the biggest load of nonsense I have ever heard.

Iowa beat Michigan State, Penn State, and Michigan and somehow the bowls made them worse than all 3. Go figure. SHEET Happens

Latest posts