Injuries

Iti s nice to have a young man that has stayed the course and is ready to do the best he can if his # is called. He goes out and works his tail off in practice each day knowing he will only see the field if injuries happen.

the Paki rips on here get old fast.

I think Paki has done a nice job on special teams, and can help the Hawks in 2010 with special teams play.

Nothing wrong with being a special teams contributor. Jermire Roberts was a Juco safety recruit in 2001. He never played safety for the Hawks (not even on the depth chart), but was not a bust due to his being an excellent special teams player. Jermire was involved in two game-changing punt blocks - against Purdue in 2002 (recovered Considine's block for a TD) and versus Zook's Florida Gators in 2004 Outback Bowl (blocked a punt that led to a Hawk TD that broke UF's will that day).

I will agree with not name-calling in regards to Paki, but don't think there is anything wrong with posters in this board pointing giving their opinion about Paki's capabilities as a running back.

As for me, I agree with those who don't believe Paki is a Big Ten caliber running back. That certainly doesn't negate his effort or make Paki a bad person.

I'll put it this way. After the UNI game last year, the coaching staff (which is off the charts risk-averse) went with a redshirt freshmen (Robinson) and a true freshmen (Wegher) for the rest of the season. Paki got one mop-up carry late in the 4th quarter versus ISU, and then some carries in game 12 versus the Gophers when both Robinson and Wegher were injured.

Agree. Before this year is out we are going to be damn thankful that Paki has stuck with it.

I posted mild jabs about Paki once or twice but I, too, am happy the young man has worked his butt off and stuck with the program, and is ready to get into the game when his number is called. We'll need him.

Robinson appears to be fine, looking through Thursday night practice photos and he was running the ball during team offense vs. defense.

Latest posts