Injuries

Big red-thanks for putting it in perspective-- hopefully those aren't your starters---
i personally tend to have a little anxiety on the injury front--- we sorta have a love affair with getting hurt.

sounds good about a rob and tarp-- hopefully they'll be all right.... we need to be ready when we hit the road to AZ--- yeeeees i know, don't over look ISU--but with their defensive looking young and green behind the ears---plus with the game at home, i'm not too overly concerned--- it starts with AZ and then 2 weeks later it's nut up or shut up time!

Honestly, watching Adam running style, I have a feeling that he will be a oft injured player. He runs with his feet and ankles so low (not roger craig) that they get trapped on just about every tackle. He is such a solid RB to have on the roster, I just think that these injuries will be ongoing with him

A-Rob will be fine for the first game. These pre-season injuries just suck because you have to think that these starters that get injured and miss a few weeks of practice, have a lot of catching up to do. Especially with Tarp, who will be a first year starter as the quarterback of the defense. Hopefully it doesn't throw things off.

Mike Klinkenborg played several games with a broken hand a few years ago. I distinctly remember the club of a hand/arm he had.

iahawk72

I also remember losing to ISU because they isolated a receiver on Klink and the club hand late in the game.

I hope they get Troy Johnson up to speed until Tarp is fully healed.

Troy Johnson was born up to speed...

And I like Paki cuz he's a Hawkeye and he tries his darndest... but you little sissies shouldn't be so sensitive about some Hawkeye football player. It's a little creepy.

Paki got lots of love from the kids during the autograph session at the open practice. I'm sure he enjoys being a Hawk, and if his number gets called he'll be ready to give it his all... even if his all means a 1.9 ypc average.

I also remember losing to ISU because they isolated a receiver on Klink and the club hand late in the game.

CAARHawk -

I could be wrong, but I think that your memory might be off. As I recall, it was later in the season when he had "the club."

Iowa DID lose the game with Klink in coverage on ISU's Bates. However, Klink was never really one of our better MIKEs in coverage. That's part of the reason why Iowa's D was rather exploitable back then. That's another reason why Iowa's D was been a tougher nut for opposing Os to crack recently ... because Angerer was very good in coverage.

CAARHawk -

I could be wrong, but I think that your memory might be off. As I recall, it was later in the season when he had "the club."

Iowa DID lose the game with Klink in coverage on ISU's Bates. However, Klink was never really one of our better MIKEs in coverage. That's part of the reason why Iowa's D was rather exploitable back then. That's another reason why Iowa's D was been a tougher nut for opposing Os to crack recently ... because Angerer was very GOOD. PERIOD!! .

Homer,
I had to change it a little for you. I think Angerer was the best middle LB in recent history at Iowa. Better than Abdul. Better than Klink for sure.
I really hope Tarp does not miss much time because I am worried that this is going to be one of the toughest holes on the team to fill. Although I am interested in seeing Bruce Davis get on the field too.

Homer,
I had to change it a little for you. I think Angerer was the best middle LB in recent history at Iowa. Better than Abdul. Better than Klink for sure.
I really hope Tarp does not miss much time because I am worried that this is going to be one of the toughest holes on the team to fill. Although I am interested in seeing Bruce Davis get on the field too.

I agree that Angerer was very good (period). I'm not as sold on him being better than Abdul though. To me it's like comparing apples and oranges. Abdul was better against the run ... Angerer was better against the pass. Both were excellent leaders and neither were really deficient in the areas that weren't their strengths.

Of course, both guys were short. However, Angerer was faster and arguably the better athlete. Hodge had more experience and could diagnose anything ... thereby compensating for his lack of speed.

If you watch that play, Klink actually overruns the route; the ball was so underthrown that Bates almost had to come to a stop to catch it.

Iti s nice to have a young man that has stayed the course and is ready to do the best he can if his # is called. He goes out and works his tail off in practice each day knowing he will only see the field if injuries happen.

the Paki rips on here get old fast.

Agree. Before this year is out we are going to be damn thankful that Paki has stuck with it.

Latest posts