Injuries affecting more than just Iowa: Gophers' Decker out for season

Changes the whole outlook on that game. Would have embarassed them regardless (again) but atleast I dont have to hold my breath a few times throughout the day.

That's too bad. Decker is a solid player and could possibly fall to the second day of the draft if there are injury questions. Hate the Gophers, but Decker is one hell of a player.

It really is a crappy way for a player the likes of Decker to finish his college career. I do feel bad for him, but not for Brewster.

At half time of the Minnesota game this past week, they said Decker accounts for 55% of Minnesota's receiving yards. This could send the Gophers into a tailspin.

Gophers were a below average team with Decker, they are likely the worst team in the Big Ten without him. No joke.

Huge blow for them. Huge. If Iowa can beat Indiana and Northwestern, I think OSU is going to lose one of their final three...and that means the Hawks will be in Pasadena. No way will Iowa lose to Minnesota at home if the Roses, or more, are on the line.

Wonder if Brewster abandons the pro set, puts Gray in at QB and goes with the spread again? If he does, they might give us some trouble..Gray is a very good dual threat qb.

Huge blow for them. Huge. If Iowa can beat Indiana and Northwestern, I think OSU is going to lose one of their final three...and that means the Hawks will be in Pasadena. No way will Iowa lose to Minnesota at home if the Roses, or more, are on the line.

Could have just stopped right there. I could be starting at tailback along with Wienke taking the snaps from center and Iowa would still name the score.

hey hawk fans, this is my first post ever on hawk nation, thanks for the opportunity. I live in Minnesota, unfortunatly, its where my job is, but am from Iowa! Everyone up here is really jelous of the Hawks success and obviously flat out hates Iowa. So I got an email from a Goofer fan yesterday that read this

Concern arose today in Iowa City when it was discovered that the Hawkeyes starting running back Adam Robinson will most likely be out for the remainder of the season. When asked who will replace the injured Iowa running back, coach Ferentz responded by saying "we have our top recruiters at all the local grocery stores and furniture moving companies looking for Iowa's next big star". A reporter asked how the new player would eligible to play, coach Ferentz simply said "The same way we made Shawn Greene eligible". This raises further questions about the Iowa football program.

They try to use this as bashing material up here but, I kinda find it funny in ways, but lets just hope the Goofers dont use our recruiting ways and find a WR and replace Decker.

They try to use this as bashing material up here but, I kinda find it funny in ways, but lets just hope the Goofers dont use our recruiting ways and find a WR and replace Decker.

Well (my first post here, as well!), the Goofers need all the haha material they can get, because Decker *was* their offense. If they had another WR to compliment him, they probably would've found it by now.

I doubt they'll be doing any laughing the rest of the season, as it's already going down in typical Goofer fashion - decent/strong non-conference start, bad/terrible conference finish.

Latest posts