Initial thoughts on Michigan Beatdown of Iowa

longtimer

Clearly Michigan is the best team in Big Ten. Hawks not in their class. They play great defense, rebound and have a very balanced offense with quality players. Obviously very well coached.
Whens the last time you said Garza really hurt us. Missed a ton of shots some that he was making in prior games and some on good Michigan defense. Maybe he should have passed out to three point shooters rather than forcing.
Wieskamp needs to stay another year. Needs to work on his ball handling and especially defense which was really bad tonight.
One has to wonder about our young guards for he future. Toussant seems to be getting worse also. He is becoming a whirling Dervish.
Nunge looks to be probably done for the year. That hurts

Will be interesting to see how they come back against a good Ohio State team

I don’t know...not really that shocking when a 2nd round team plays a final 4 team on their home court. I don’t think there will be anything different on Sunday. Osuck - another e-8/f-4 team will win by dbl digits.

Shrug, move on, hope Hawks don’t suck in conf tourney and can muster enough mojo to make sweet 16. Thats as good as it will be.

To me it seems obvious as to what the Hawks are missing. We need a few slashers who can get to rim and reek havoc. If Fran can't see that he should take a pay cut. That's what makes Michigan so dangerous. Wagner and Livers has that ability and they can also shoot the 3. They will be national champs if the Rona doesn't take them out. Take it to the bank.

We are not a top tier team weve lost to every top ten team weve played. We will be hard pressed to get to the sweet sixteen but im still hoping. With the loss of nunge the future even looks fairly dark now with no help on the way inside.

We are not a top tier team weve lost to every top ten team weve played. We will be hard pressed to get to the sweet sixteen but im still hoping. With the loss of nunge the future even looks fairly dark now with no help on the way inside.
Yeah, I lost some optimism tonight when Nunge came out with crutches. This is definitely a team that relies on a lot of pieces to get it done. And Nunge at times is a big piece! The team looked awful small after he went out!! Can't replace that height!

Wagner is really, really good. Future pro, for sure.

I'm crushed for Nunge. That did not look good at all. What a turd sandwich that young man has been served over the last few months.

Connor I think can be back quickly. He is very tough and that didn't give the appearance of being a really bad twist.

Gonna have to find some guard play next season. Toussaint, Ulis, and Perkins have all shown flashes, but none of the 3 have grabbed the bull by the horns either, that's for sure. Still time, but my concern level is rising on that front.

Keegan is going to end up being a great Hawk. Played well again tonight.

CJ was Mr Reliable yet again tonight. He will be invaluable next year as a steadying influence.

Tough, tough loss. Big stage, quality opponent, depressingly large loss margin, AND multiple injuries. Ouch. I want a do-over, but I bet not as badly as the players do.

OSU be tough but I don't think they are quite at the UM level and, luckily, the scoreboard resets to 0-0 at the beginning of every new game. We've got a chance.

To me Gonzaga looked pretty even other than their shots dropped and ours didn't. This game looked like we were struggling to keep our heads above water and it was only a matter of time. Our shooters were so pressed they were just throwing the ball at the basket whenever they could. Garza was really bad. Turns out in order to beat them we need Garza's A game plus about 3 throw up 3s to go in.

Wagner stole Weezy’s lunch money in this game . If anyone has questions if Weezy can make it to the next level those same questions were answered tonight .
For the second time this year you disappeared during a winning streak, then were back on the moment Iowa lost.

And this time don't blame it on your tablet or whatever you tried to blame the first time.

You were correct about your observation, I wish you would just give Iowa credit when they win four or five in a row as well. Winning in East Lansing or Madison by 30 and 15 respectively is not easy.

New goals. Ohio State lose tonight. We win out. Illinois lose two more. We tie for 2nd. Ill take it.

We needed iowa to win out and Michigan State to win out to get a 1 seed in the Big 10 tournament. Michigan State is doing their part so far. We didn't.

Clearly Michigan is the best team in Big Ten. Hawks not in their class. They play great defense, rebound and have a very balanced offense with quality players. Obviously very well coached.
Whens the last time you said Garza really hurt us. Missed a ton of shots some that he was making in prior games and some on good Michigan defense. Maybe he should have passed out to three point shooters rather than forcing.
Wieskamp needs to stay another year. Needs to work on his ball handling and especially defense which was really bad tonight.
One has to wonder about our young guards for he future. Toussant seems to be getting worse also. He is becoming a whirling Dervish.
Nunge looks to be probably done for the year. That hurts

Will be interesting to see how they come back against a good Ohio State team
That 2nd sentence... We were down 3 at the half. Nunge and Connor get hurt and they pull away.

Side Note - We go primarily 2nd string at just over 4 minutes. Good coaching decision. Howard puts Dick back in the game and feeds him every possession. And he has a full court press on against our 2nd string at 2 minutes to play. Scrubs in at about 50 seconds. Zero class by Howard but good experience for the guys we had on the floor.