Indy win....still a shiny apple?

Indiana has played one of the tougher schedules so far with two Top 10 teams. They destroyed two of their other 3 opponents and won at Ball State. After the last non-con game they have Penn St, Michigan St, Ohio State. Brutal.

They'll be lucky to finish 7-5

Not to go off topic here, but the targeting comments got me side tracked. Anyone see the USC kicker get ejected for targeting on the opening kickoff 2 weeks ago. Something definitely has to change.

Not to go off topic here, but the targeting comments got me side tracked. Anyone see the USC kicker get ejected for targeting on the opening kickoff 2 weeks ago. Something definitely has to change.

WTF?

Also I hate when people use the Hawkeyes beating a team as evidence that the team isn't any good. I see people say things like "our opponents combined record is only 3-2" and I'm like "hey dumb ass, their 2 losses are to us".
Besides it's way to early to make any real conclusions.

I love the idea of keeping track of targeting. Maybe it carries over like soccer yellow cards or technical fouls in the NBA. Three targeting calls in a season and you sit out a game. Something like that. Gives these kids a little bit of margin for error in a high speed game.

I think you could reserve an automatic run if the ref deems the kid had intent or the hit was egregious. Again, other sports do it. Red cards versus yellow cards in soccer
One bad deliberate hit can be catestrophic. I think there would need to be some descretion like issuing a Red card immediately (after the game review) as well as using so called soft yellow cards, but even those in soccer get worthless.

Wow, that is insane. It follows the letter of the rule, he did lead with his helmet but that hit was so non violent as it barely knocked over the return guy.

...and it was delivered to the returner's chest, not his head.

Latest posts