Indisputable evidence hoosier was out of bounds

hawkeyz10

When you watch this video, espn freezes the play. When they freeze the play, you can see the shadow of the hoosiers leg on the ground. If his leg was on the ground, then you could not see the shadow.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lufqKaPEmt4"]YouTube - Iowa vs Indiana overturned TD[/ame]

If I am the replay official, I am showing this to the big 10 conference officials.

That's the first time I've seen the replay of that and really that's a tough call to make. It's so close and I don't see how Indiana got screwed based off of that call. I've seen worse.

Notice how Reece and Lou continue to say that his foot was down, despite it clearly not being on the ground when they zoom in.

When you watch this video, espn freezes the play. When they freeze the play, you can see the shadow of the hoosiers leg on the ground. If his leg was on the ground, then you could not see the shadow.

YouTube - Iowa vs Indiana overturned TD

If I am the replay official, I am showing this to the big 10 conference officials.

At 20 seconds watch the ball pop out of his grip... he didnt maintain possession..... in or out of bounds doesnt matter.

It looks like his foot is off the ground and his leg hits in the end zone and out of bounds at the same time.

Didn't BTN take care of this with an extreme close up that shows what you're saying to be correct, last night?

If they did, I missed it. Hopefully, all the media who are talking about the hoosiers getting hosed will stop saying things like TB said on Fox tonight.

It doesn't matter whether they scored this TD and another one.
Give 'em 2 more TD's.....and a FG......anybody think they got
that much coming??? Check the score ...they still don't beat us!!!!

Didn't BTN take care of this with an extreme close up that shows what you're saying to be correct, last night?

Yeah I remember the BTN show last night showing that same angle or close to it and saying his foot clearly wasn't down. Then I remember watching ESPN and them showing that angle and saying his foot was down. I have watched this replay over and over, and I have yet to see where his foot drags.

My point in posting this is to clearly point out his lower leg/foot never touched the ground. The shadow does not lie. It is easier to tell if you go to the youtube site and watch the video with a bigger screen.

I am not sure BTN points to the shadow as clear evidence. ESPN has more influence and certainly can impact more people thinking Iowa benefited from questionable officiating.

I agree, his foot was not down...everyone I was watching with yesterday agreed, the side of his foot is parrallel with the ground...we was inches away from a touchdown, but unfortunately football is a game of inches...GO HAWKS!

Wow.

Not only is Davis saying "His toe was down!" when it wasn't, you've got Mr. Spittle saying "He's got possession of the ball" when it looks like the ball is still being bobbled.

Whether he was in bounds or not is 100% irrelevant. He CLEARLY does not have possession of the ball until he is well out of bounds.

During the game I believe the announcers said they could see rubber from the FieldTurf flying up. I still haven't seen that on any replay. I wasn't sure there was enough to overturn the call but I was so focused on the leg/knee being inbounds or not I didn't notice the ball move when he hit the ground until after the game. At the time I was skeptical but now think it was the right call.

Every time I see the replay I change my mind.

There was one angle taken from out-of-bounds in the endzone that showed what looked to be a drag mark in the endzone from his foot/toe.

The bottom line is that the original call was a touchdown and this one is so tough to call that it probably shouldn't have been overturned. This one is not indisputable one way or the other, IMO.

Thank goodness it didn't end up having a bearing on the outcome of the game.

It doesn't matter whether they scored this TD and another one.
Give 'em 2 more TD's.....and a FG......anybody think they got
that much coming??? Check the score ...they still don't beat us!!!!
You can say that but that TD being counted changes everything that happens afterward. The play calling on both sides would be different with a bigger lead.

After reviewing the DVR about 20 times:

1) The right foot NEVER touches the ground (based on the reverse endzone view).
2) The first body part to touch the ground is the the right knee/shin, and this body part is CLEARLY out of bounds.
3) The right buttock is the second body part to touch ground.
4) The right buttock comes down straddling the endline, kicking up some black pellets in the endzone.
5) On the reverse endzone view the black pellets are kicked up behind the right foot, making some people question if the foot had kicked up some pellets.
6) If you review all the sideline views, you can see it's his buttock, NOT HIS FOOT, that kicks up the pellets.

The replay official got it right.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_xKHZdreuU"]YouTube - Iowa vs Indy[/ame]

notatouchdown.jpg

Latest posts