Indiana

metahawk

Even though fretting about a game that won't happen for another 3 weeks is lame, I can't help this bad feeling about Indiana.

Because of their performance against Ohio State, the thought of playing them at home gives me a knot in my stomach. Their loss at Rutgers actually makes me feel a little better, even though that hurts Iowa's sos. Looks like their D could be pathetic, guess I will hang onto that.

Even though fretting about a game that won't happen for another 3 weeks is lame, I can't help this bad feeling about Indiana.

Because of their performance against Ohio State, the thought of playing them at home gives me a knot in my stomach. Their loss at Rutgers actually makes me feel a little better, even though that hurts Iowa's sos. Looks like their D could be pathetic, guess I will hang onto that.
I have felt this way, as well, not just about Indiana, but Illinois (and NW, and . . .). However, I think Deace's comments on Jon's podcast were correct - enjoy and embrace this season, and not overly concern ourselves with what might happen from this point forward. Easier said than done. There is a chance for a stumble. Going undefeated is really hard (and lucky). But it should not diminish this year if a loss happens. With that, I'm not counting on it happening, and the way the team has played and stuck together, more importantly, they aren't either.

But that one guy who was injured by the Hawkeye defense last year will probably have this game circled since then.

Past is prologue

viewing tip
button_mute.png

[video=youtube;26SyJyXA31k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26SyJyXA31k[/video]

Indiana's offense will be a huge challenge for our defense. This will be another game that controlling the clock and having success in the ground game will be big.

If we hold them under 24 points, it will bode well.

A fast start will help, but Indiana is a team very comfortable playing from behind, unlike Wisc, Ill, and NW. Need to keep the pedal down.

Limit Sudfeld, key.

Very interested to see how healthy we will be.

The game was in Bloomington. Rutgers put up 55 points on Indiana @ Indiana. Still concerned?

If the hawks play the 'clean' game turnover and penalty wise they should be ok. The hawk run defense, linebackers pursuit angles and safety play I dont think will give up 3 quick long TD runs to IU like Coleman got last year.

If Indiana has been checking the film, they will see that if they go most plays to the Mabin side of the field, they will burn Iowa over and over. He has been terrible this year. I like the guy and I have seen him play well but if you watch the Ill. game and the Northwestern game he is easy to pick on. The Ill. game was close because of Mabin. They threw 10-15 plays in a row at him for most of their offense. I am hoping if he can't hang, they replace him before the Indiana Game.

I have one word for you.

MARYLAND.

Every game is a challenge. These are all division 1 athletes trying to win.

Iowa has has to focus and execute. If they do, they've demonstrated that they will almost certainly prevail.

Still a lot of room for improvement, especially in the passing game and pass defense. We've got the talent to win out.

As Dick Vermeil used to say: Poise and confidence, boys.

The game was in Bloomington. Rutgers put up 55 points on Indiana @ Indiana. Still concerned?

Indiana's defense is atrocious. The Hoosiers offense, however, is not. The only way Indiana's defense slows Iowa down is with turnovers and penalties. So if Iowa dinks around, misses some field goals, turns it over in the red zone, etc., they could end up in a tight game. Indiana's offense will score on Iowa, they scored on everyone they have played when Sudfeld is at QB. I could conceivably see a game that is similar to Maryland last year, where Iowa abandons the run, turns it over a bunch and ends up in a close game.

We're not going to abandon the run DodgerHawki I think the coaching staff has made that pretty clear this year! Iowa by 24

We're not going to abandon the run DodgerHawki I think the coaching staff has made that pretty clear this year! Iowa by 24

EXACTLY! Hawks are gonna have the ball for 40 minutes. They're biggest challenge is gonna be trying to not tear off multiple 40+ yard rushes and score too quickly.

(healthy) Hawks 37 - Hoozhers 14.

There are two things that scare me about Indiana and every other game from here on; Iowa offense suddenly can't run the ball and two, the opponents suddenly learn how to play defense.

Number two is a slim possibility.

IU can move the ball, and if Sudfeld is healthy, they can really throw the ball, but cannot stop anyone.. But let's take care of Maryland first then worry about IU.

Latest posts