Indiana Depth Chart is Out

If Ruddock plays the entire game, and we lose, KF will be the death of this season. I believe Indiana is a must win, because I think we lose at Maryland, and we cant afford 2 conference losses before the Wisconsin/Nebraska weeks. If we lose this weekend, itll be too late for KF to play CJ and expect to salvage the season. Cj gives us the best chance to win by far.

I hope the fans in the stands are kind to whoever is playing quarterback.
I agree with this. I have been team CJ all along, but I really hope nobody boos Jake. And if Jake plays, I want him to play well.

If people boo, it will be at KF. Those wanting CJB to be the QB have no ill will against JR.

KF would be smart to play CJB on the first 2 series. If he starts JR and the offense doesn't move the ball, people are going to boo. No way around it.

Start CJB. If he doesn't move the ball on the first 2 series, put in JR and see what happens. No booing when done this way.

So if fans are booing at Kinnick, how do you distinguish between whether they're booing a player(s) a coach(s)?
You don't. Let's leave the booing to the clowns up north. Booing does nothing but make Iowa football look bad.

So if fans are booing at Kinnick, how do you distinguish between whether they're booing a player(s) a coach(s)?
I second this question. Because the kids sure won't. And it doesn't matter. Any booing in that type of position reflects poorly and accomplishes nothing but lowering the moral of the kids. Coaches can care less if you boo em.

How else are the fans going to get through to Ferentz's stubbornness than to let their displeasure be felt loudly? It has nothing to do with Jake, it's the coach who likes to throw up a big middle finger to the fans.

GAME NOTES
10409516.jpeg

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100614aaa.html

There is NO excuse, ever, for Iowa fans to boo one of their players.

** Totally agree, I have never booed an Iowa football player and I cant think I ever will. I am getting pretty old and crotchety sometimes so my friends know to drag me out of the stadium or shut me up if I were to ever do something like that.

I have booed opposing coaches and some thug players.

I like to boo officials who are getting paid and are terrible. It is like they are stealing money.

Almost all booing I have heard in Kinnick directed at Iowa is at the coaches although some fans around can be vocally hard on players. Hey I could do all the skills of football except run fast, I was really slow so I am not booing some young person running and playing hard.

The worst booing I ever heard for an Iowa player or coach in Kinnick was for GAry Snook, QB in Edit: It was probably 1965 IIRC. That team was supposed to be top 5-10 in the country and Snook really struggled. I was 12 and asked my dad what was up. He told me later that the QB just wasnt playing very well and they were probably booing Snook and Jerry Burns.

Last edited:

Latest posts