Indiana Depth Chart is Out

I understand when fans say they have nothing against Jake. Everybody believes he is giving 100% and is doing his best to do what the coaches want.

Also there is general agreement that Ruduck is a decent, but not great QB.

But somehow it feels like they do have something against Jake when they state a preference for CJB. I am sure Ferentz is going through the same thing. On one hand he is telling Jake he is doing everything the coaches are asking. On the other hand, that still is not good enough. The second you tell a QB he is not starting, he wants to transfer. Its hard to navigate emotionally.

No, but the situations are completely different.

That's a good point. The Rudy situation was way worse. At least Jake doesn't have the entire team plotting against him like the guy who didn't get to suit up for the Georgia Tech game did.

That would be pretty hard to handle if the whole team walked into Kirk's office one by one, set their jersey on his desk, and said "I'm not gunna play unless you don't let Rudock suit for Indiana".

You don't. Let's leave the booing to the clowns up north. Booing does nothing but make Iowa football look bad.

While I appreciate the answer my question was in a sarcastic tone. Of course you can't distinguish between who is getting booed and who isn't. But the thought of fans not doing it is as ridiculous as the thought of getting the entire staff to take turns standing on a podium at the 50 yard line so fans can let them have it after each game.

I hope the fans in the stands are kind to whoever is playing quarterback.

I hope for the same but the moment Rudock makes a mistake you'll hear boos. If he has a bad half you'll hear boos as the team leaves the field. I hope there isn't any but I have a feeling some people are just waiting to do that the moment Rudock makes a mistake.

Do you think I will get kicked out of Kinnick if I bring a sign that says "I'm booing the coaches, not the players!" ?

The worst booing I ever heard for an Iowa player or coach in Kinnick was for GAry Snook, QB in Edit: It was probably 1965 IIRC. That team was supposed to be top 5-10 in the country and Snook really struggled. I was 12 and asked my dad what was up. He told me later that the QB just wasnt playing very well and they were probably booing Snook and Jerry Burns.

Your dad isn't very smart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C10bE4yGPMw

I've never booed any Iowa player or Iowa coach, in Kinnick Stadium. I couldn't do it. Other fans can do what they want.

Ok...I wasn't at the ISU game, but that third and five in the final drive where we ran the zone read to Bullock for the second time in the game (the first time lost yards too), I booed at my TV. I'd like to think the object of my booing was Greg Davis, but I think some of the boo got on Damon Bullock, and well a little on Jake Rudock too.

I'm not proud of it and I know I should be ashamed, but I was just so frustrated, it just came out...I tried to take it back...but all I could say was booooooooooooooo! It was better than my second option which was throwing feces at the TV....because a bigger load of shat I've never seen than that 3rd and 5 play.

Oh and I need to get this off my chest. I did boo Jake Christianson a few times after he almost broke a receivers ankles with one of his throws. Wow, I'm feeling better already.

If people boo, it will be at KF. Those wanting CJB to be the QB have no ill will against JR.

KF would be smart to play CJB on the first 2 series. If he starts JR and the offense doesn't move the ball, people are going to boo. No way around it.

Start CJB. If he doesn't move the ball on the first 2 series, put in JR and see what happens. No booing when done this way.
What if Rudock has the first 2 series and we score TDs both times? Should he stay in until they don't score?

What if Rudock has the first 2 series and we score TDs both times? Should he stay in until they don't score?

Depends... Does Indy also have 14? Then I would ride him. If iowa has a 14 pt cushion, I think chances are good you'd see CJB with time.

What a good position to go 2 for 2 out of the gate

There is NO excuse, ever, for Iowa fans to boo one of their players.

True dat. I remember adam shada getting booed when he was introduced for senior day. It was probably the only time I've ever been ashamed of being an Iowa fan.

Booing coaches, playcalling, bad calls, the other team, other teams players (especially when they fake injuries), etc is all ok but not your own guys.

10409516.jpeg

Are we playing the Indiana Barbers?

There is NO excuse, ever, for Iowa fans to boo one of their players.
ABSOLUTELY. I JUST Don't understand why we can't win all of our games at home. The fans are close to the field,always cheering our team on,getting loud when we need them to but yet other teams come in and beat us. No excuse why we shouldn't have Home Field Advantage and that's on the coaches and players to execute to get the job done.

Latest posts