Indiana at Michigan

so how about now? Do you think they are for real.

They got my attention as I said they would with a win. They now have 2 wins this year over top 50 teams but neither was in the top 30. Yogi is really good. The rest of the team was making 3s...in this game. It will be different when someone is actually guarding them and they have to defend a top tier team...Iowa, MSU, MD and Purdue. It's still a 2 team race IMO. IN beat NW by 6...when they were missing their 3s.

Or, Indiana is better than people think and we should be nervous heading into those games.

Some of both. But they still live and die by the 3. We can match their scoring. Can they stop us? MI couldn't score. You have to score against IN to beat them. They still have to play 4 teams better than anyone they played all season...and those games will be condensed into a short period of time.

The win for Indiana bumped them 11 spots in the RPI, they went from 50 up to 39. Now I'm sure the talking heads at all the major sports media outlets will be pimping Indiana. This is a major win for them and with the statement they made and the confidence they got it makes them that much tougher to beat. I see Indiana as a good team but not great, they rely heavily on Ferrell with Blackmon hurt. I don't think Indiana can beat one of the top 6 teams if Ferrell has an off night.

Indiana was very impressive last night. I really hate seeing them pick up a road win over a decent Michigan. We really need to pick up a win on the road vs them next Thursday.

Well shoot. I didn't see this one coming. Not necessarily IU winning, but the margin.. Still am not sold that IU can maintain that game in, game out against better competition, but looks like I'm going to have to take them a bit more seriously.

We handled MSU (#6 Kenpom) at their place. Indiana handled Michigan (#39) at their place...without LeVert. I won't be shocked if Iowa loses at Indiana. It's the most difficult game left on our schedule until Saturday (3/12). But I believe we are the better team and I am picking Iowa to win next Thursday night by 7.

Here is Indiana's remaining schedule. I think they lose the road games at Michigan State and Iowa and at least 1 home game out of Iowa, Purdue and Maryland.

2/6 @ PSU
2/11 Iowa
2/14 @ MSU
2/17 NE
2/20 Purdue
2/25 @ IL
3/1 @ IA
3/5 MD

We handled MSU (#6 Kenpom) at their place. Indiana handled Michigan (#39) at their place...without LeVert. I won't be shocked if Iowa loses at Indiana. It's the most difficult game left on our schedule until Saturday (3/12). But I believe we are the better team and I am picking Iowa to win next Thursday night by 7.

Seriously, is Michigan that bad? Down 20 something at halftime? Was the absence of guard Caris LeVert an obvious factor? I refuse to believe Indiana is that good. They haven't played us, Michigan State, Purdue or Maryland. Am I right on that?

Seriously, is Michigan that bad? Down 20 something at halftime? Was the absence of guard Caris LeVert an obvious factor? I refuse to believe Indiana is that good. They haven't played us, Michigan State, Purdue or Maryland. Am I right on that?

I would say Indiana's good is almost as good as Iowa's good. But their average and bad are a lot worse than Iowa’s average and bad.

Well shoot. I didn't see this one coming. Not necessarily IU winning, but the margin.. Still am not sold that IU can maintain that game in, game out against better competition, but looks like I'm going to have to take them a bit more seriously.

Me too. (Big sigh)

I don't know why people refuse to see IU as really good team, they are. If Yogi bear is clicking, watch out.

I don't know why people refuse to see IU as really good team, they are. If Yogi bear is clicking, watch out.

I think people just don't want to lose out on this title because of Indiana's schedule. Considering who we've defeated it's frustrated to see Indiana not beat anyone. Problem is, last night put a dent in that narrative.

Michigan was that bad for over 9 minutes to end the 1st half...going scoreless. And Indiana got hot during those 9 plus minutes. It's rare to come back from something like that...unless you're Iowa at Purdue 2016.

But people are making way too much of this. Indiana is averaging 79.7 points in Big 10 play...against a weak schedule. They scored 80 last night. Iowa is averaging 79.3 points in Big 10 play against a tough schedule.

Side Note - Michigan averages 73.7 in conference play so they were about 7 points below their average.

I don't pretend to understand all of the Kenpom data so someone correct me if this is all wrong. But it appears to me that Maryland and Purdue are both in the top 10 for defensive efficiency. Michigan is 137th. Wisconsin which split 2 very close games with Indiana is 47th. Indiana is 48th. Iowa is 16th. So Indiana didn't do so well against a team that plays a little defense.

Iowa on the other hand has done well against teams that play good defense. I mentioned Maryland and Purdue but Michigan State is 28th...2 more of our conference games.

As for offense...Iowa is 6th. Indiana is 18th.

I still say Iowa beats Indiana by 7 next Thursday night.

They are a really good team...a top 25 team. But Iowa is an extremely good team...a top 10 team. The two teams are probably comparable offensively. But Iowa plays much better defense IMO.

I would say Indiana's good is almost as good as Iowa's good. But their average and bad are a lot worse than Iowa’s average and bad.

This. It took me awhile to comprehendo, but when I did, I agree and couldn't have said it better!

I don't think anyone refused to believe Indiana was for real.

We just figured their schedule, along with Tom Crean screwing them up would win out in the end.

Still might happen, who knows.

Latest posts