Incredibly Respectful Michigan Fan Thread

I was at the Michigan game in October. Had a couple nice chats with Michigan fans. Each one of them was friendly, maybe a little good-natured ribbing but stayed classy - just what you'd want to experience as a visiting fan.

So basically THE EXACT OPPOSITE of what you get treated like in Madison.

There is an old saying in sports: Act like you've been there before (when you win a championship or score a touchdown). Michigan has a long tradition of excellence and winning championships in all sports. They appreciated what Fry was trying to do because they know what it takes.

There is somewhat of a long history where Michigan and Iowa are intertwined. Evy was a Michigan man and Jim Harbaugh father was an assistant to one of the Iowa head coaches. Bump Elliot was a Michigan man as well. Former Iowa President became the Michigan president. Only four of the B1G Ten universities are not Land Grant Colleges; Michigan, Iowa, Indiana and Northwestern. I'm sure there is probably more history but not surprised . I was never a Michigan fan but I have developed greater degree of respect. My oldest son earned a PHD from Michigan and I know how difficult it is to get accepted into doctoral programs.

Michigan is one of the great schools in the world. Excellence across the board.

Great things posted by the Maize and Blue fanbase, but lets stop praising them, it's making me nauseous. Let's just say that they know the characteristics of what makes a coach great despite the fact that they forgot those qualities when they hired their current coach.

Great things posted by the Maize and Blue fanbase, but lets stop praising them, it's making me nauseous. Let's just say that they know the characteristics of what makes a coach great despite the fact that they forgot those qualities when they hired their current coach.

credit where credit is due, kicker. doesn't mean we're not calling each other names next time we play each other.

We can give credit, but let's not hype up the program too much and talk about how classy they are.

ok, well, the credit was for being classy and an extended thread on their board from posters who clearly, not only, followed iowa under hayden fry, but respected hayden fry. i think that's the fine point to put on it. now, next time we're standing at the 50 yard line for a coin toss, it's war.

I tried to start an account over there to post a short thank you from HN posters on that thread, but the button to register the account was greyed out. Anyone else want to try? I looked it over a million times and thought for sure I had everything filled out correctly, and it's a free board from what I understand. There's a premium and a free side.

They don't allow atheists on their site!!

The Nebraska board just started a thread pissing all over the Michigan fans for appreciating and paying respect to a great coach in Hayden Fry.

Those fuskers don't have a clue about the Iowa / Michigan history. Just shows how classless they really are. Always hiding behind what a great fanbase they are. Just plain ol trashy people living in the past. Terrible addition to the B1G.

Latest posts