In-State Standout Xavier Foster Feeling Comfortable at Iowa

Hoping that we get both Foster and Sibley. They would be a nice duo that would complement each other inside. Both are really good low post defenders that can block shots.

It's been a while since we've had someone that blocks shots like King Kong swats helicopters. #Excited
And if our guards can dribble with their heads up, better yet.
giphy.gif

Jim Albrecht is terrible. He gets lost during the game.

Jon Miller
Rob Brooks
Paul Burmeister
Chris Hassel

One of those dudes

I hate to say this, because it feels like an overstatement, but there is a lot riding on this young man's decision for Fran. He has invested so much in landing him. He feels like a kid that could give us two really good seasons and then be a lottery pick. Those opportunities do not come along often for Iowa, because we do not pay for players like Kansas.

Anyone have any idea why he chose the date of November 11th to announce his decision?

Please tell me that’s Fran’s Birthday. :D

I could see Burmeister really wanting it. I think Hassel would be the best one for it however. Burmeister for color perhaps for football if Podolaks days are numbered. I love Hansen that's his gig for as long as he wants it.

I could see Burmeister really wanting it. I think Hassel would be the best one for it however. Burmeister for color perhaps for football if Podolaks days are numbered. I love Hansen that's his gig for as long as he wants it.

Let's face it. Dolph has lost a little bit on his fastball. Burmeister or Hassel would be a great addition. But I would want Dolph to ride out into the sunset on his own terms with full honors.

Let's face it. Dolph has lost a little bit on his fastball. Burmeister or Hassel would be a great addition. But I would want Dolph to ride out into the sunset on his own terms with full honors.
Yeah I wish Dolph would have already done it but it's tough to step a way and until the ratings tank the bosses have no reason to force him out (beyond the bad PR he's had in the last yr or so) Maybe after this yr he'll hang it up on his own. We can only hope.

Logic dictates to me that Foster will stay in the Hawkeye state. In my humble opinion that is why he has moved away from the blue bloods. If that weren’t true we would be talking about competing against the likes of North Carolina, Kansas, and Duke for his services. I predict he will be either a Hawkeye or a Cyclone.

I think if he follows his heart he will look great in Black and Gold. If he follows his head he is going to look god awful in a clowns suit. I am hoping his heart is Hawkeye bound.

Logic dictates to me that Foster will stay in the Hawkeye state. In my humble opinion that is why he has moved away from the blue bloods. If that weren’t true we would be talking about competing against the likes of North Carolina, Kansas, and Duke for his services. I predict he will be either a Hawkeye or a Cyclone.

I think if he follows his heart he will look great in Black and Gold. If he follows his head he is going to look god awful in a clowns suit. I am hoping his heart is Hawkeye bound.
I disagree on the first part. The Foster’s were seeking blue blood interest, it just never really came, in part due to an injury this summer but also due to the fact that’s he’s not likely going to be an instant impact freshman. His potential is very high but he isn’t there yet in terms of strength in particular.

I disagree on the first part. The Foster’s were seeking blue blood interest, it just never really came, in part due to an injury this summer but also due to the fact that’s he’s not likely going to be an instant impact freshman. His potential is very high but he isn’t there yet in terms of strength in particular.
He's not a one and done kinda talent no. Which is perfect for Iowa. we'd much rather he stick around for 3 or all 4 yrs. And yeah the UNCs Dukes KYs of the world are looking for the instant dominant borderline one and done kids. Thankfully he's good enough to start day 1 he's just inbetween being that and what they are looking for. I feel like he'll be a Hawk or Cyclone too like what BigD said.

He's not a one and done kinda talent no. Which is perfect for Iowa. we'd much rather he stick around for 3 or all 4 yrs. And yeah the UNCs Dukes KYs of the world are looking for the instant dominant borderline one and done kids. Thankfully he's good enough to start day 1 he's just inbetween being that and what they are looking for. I feel like he'll be a Hawk or Cyclone too like what BigD said.

I can almost guarantee you that he's chatted with at least a few UNCs, Dukes, and Kentuckys who have told him that they would take him and give him a scholarship if he wanted, but that he would likely have to ride the bench with 8th-10th man minutes for a couple years until he was developed enough to be the star. And even then, they wouldn't guarantee him a showcased position as there might be a Zion Williamson type of transcendent talent that would cut into his playing time.

In which case, he's probably looking for the school that will best showcase him throughout his development because he'll be their top priority. That might not be Fran and Iowa with Nunge and Garza. But idk