In Retaliation, Say Something Good About Living in Minnesota!

Wow, you are an idiot! First of all, Cabela's is based out of Nebraska, and secondly, they were just bought by Bass Pro..................

Hey Eww, have you ever considered writing a post that didn't include the word idiot or a synonym of it? For your convenience: A synonym is a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language.

They call it 'Duck, Duck, Gray Duck' instead of 'Duck, Duck, Goose.'...effin dumbasses.

Lake Vermilion is cool though.

Yeah, I thought people were screwing with me on that duck, duck, grey duck thing at first, that is just weird.

Hate to ruin the thread, but it's actually a pretty nice place to live, extra month of winter not withstanding.

The people can be a little screwy...Midwestern but not as sincere as Iowans. ("Minnesota nice" is basically superficial passive-aggressive) and the sports fans are among the most fair-weather I've ever seen outside of a very loyal Vikings base.

Last edited:
Hate to ruin the thread, but it's actually a pretty nice place to live, extra month of winter not withstanding.

The people can be a little screwy...Midwestern but not as sincere as Iowans. ("Minnesota nice" is basically superficial passive-aggressive) and the sports fans are among the most fair-weather I've ever seen outside of a very loyal Vikings base.

You aren't ruining the thread. As mentioned as OP, I lived there for awhile and enjoyed it. I did get a kick out of one of their message boards thread and thought I'd "retaliate" in fun. I think Iowegians (using their term) are a close 2nd to Minnsodan's on being sensitive about their state. As a group, they don't take jokes very well. Way to serious. We Iowa Expats were the one's always in trouble for Goofing Off, ironically.

Grew up in eastern Iowa, currently live and work in St. Paul. Minnesota is a beautiful state with a lot of diversity (in the twin cities, at least). We have excellent beer and a fantastic food scene. Gopher fans are generally a suffering lot, but I have had no terrible experiences with them. Even during the last visit when the Hawks got curb-stomped, the fans were good-natured, although that chant can get f----d.

You aren't ruining the thread. As mentioned as OP, I lived there for awhile and enjoyed it. I did get a kick out of one of their message boards thread and thought I'd "retaliate" in fun. I think Iowegian (using their term) are a close 2nd to Minnsodan's on being sensitive about their state. As a group, they don't take jokes very well. Way to serious. We Iowa Expats were the one's always in trouble for Goofing Off, ironically.

Yep, very self-conscious... the term provincial comes to mind.

A few years ago, a young goopher fan yelled "Go back to Iowa" at me as we were leaving the game. I yelled back "I live in a 1/2 million dollar house in Minnetonka...go back to your apartment, son."

If we could make the Twin Cities secede from the MN union, I'd be all for it. MN isn't a bad state, but the Cities suck. They rule everything and create a liberal bastion in the state.

Rochester ,Minn is the home of beer making capital where our owner of famed beer thread lives. The Stormin'Spanks!
Heeeeeeeeeere Stormin' Spaning the Gophers!