In other baseball news: Astros to AL?

The expanded playoffs will probably amount to 2 more games is all. It will be another wildcard team then those 2 teams play with the winner moving on to the division series.

Plus making 2 wildcard teams play for the right to go on makes winning your division even that much more important.

Those are terrible, lousy, horsecrap ideas. I'm disappointed to see that they're still being brought up.

I think the Divsional Series should be a 7 game series. Hope they make that change when they add the additional Wild Card. My understanding is the Wild Card will be a 1 game deal, I think that's dumb but whatever. As long as the DS goes to 7 games, I don't care much what the Wild Card round is.

I have long been an advocate of balancing the Leagues and playing Interleague all year round. As a Cubs fan I'm particularly happy to have only 5 teams in the Central.

I think the Divsional Series should be a 7 game series. Hope they make that change when they add the additional Wild Card. My understanding is the Wild Card will be a 1 game deal, I think that's dumb but whatever. As long as the DS goes to 7 games, I don't care much what the Wild Card round is.

I have long been an advocate of balancing the Leagues and playing Interleague all year round. As a Cubs fan I'm particularly happy to have only 5 teams in the Central.

I love the idea of the wildcard being a 1 game playoff. Even if your leading your division and clinched a wildcard spot it forces you to keep playing until you actually win your division as you don't want to be in the one and done situation.

I hope this could mean the demise of the DH, personally. Or, at the very least, get it in both leagues so in-game strategy can be consistent.

I hope this could mean the demise of the DH, personally. Or, at the very least, get it in both leagues so in-game strategy can be consistent.

Unfortunately, if it changes, it'll be added to the NL, which will make this rotten idea even worse.

DH in both leagues or not at all
Forget the idiotic interleague crap
Balanced schedule.... so we can tell who really are the best teams.
Team with best record has home field advantage at WS

Why does everyone think the interleague games are crap, do you feel that way about the NFL when the AFC teams and NFC teams play each other?

I like inter-league play to a point. I like the home and home with the "rivals" but beyond that it gets excessive. Although I do think it's cool when the Cubs play the Red Sox or Yankees, but I find it lame playing the Blue Jays or Seattle

No it isn't, there are enough teams in each conference plus playing your division twice that you wouldn't have to have the AFC play the NFC until the Super Bowl.

It's apples and oranges because MLB had it right for a century or so before they screwed it up, but the NFL has been screwed up since 1970. Just because baseball partially effed it up 15 years ago doesn't mean they should go whole-hog now.

I love baseball, and while I understand that tradition is important to most in the sport, I'm very much a non-traditionalist.

Here are the changes I would like to see:
I would be in favor of moving Tampa Bay to Austin, San Antonio, or somewhere else in the west and shifting them to the AL West, moving Detroit to the AL East and moving Milwaukee back to the NL Central. If they can't move Tampa Bay, then shift KC to the west and Milwaukee back to the AL. I am a big fan of interleague and like the idea of having one or three series at all times. I am also in favor of both leagues having the DH, but I would be okay with getting rid of it all together. Either way, I would like to see uniform rules.

It's apples and oranges because MLB had it right for a century or so before they screwed it up, but the NFL has been screwed up since 1970. Just because baseball partially effed it up 15 years ago doesn't mean they should go whole-hog now.

Fair enough, if it happens and we have interleague play all the time I will like it because I'm a National League guy and this will bring more National League teams to the Midwest (KC and Minneapolis) without me driving 5 to 6 hours one way from DSM to St. Louis or Chicago.