In 11 years, Gary Barta has delivered 2 NCAA wins to Iowa fans

Latest Director Cup standings has Iowa last in the BIG and 134th in Div. 1.

Maybe Mr. Barta's title should be changed to just Director of Extensions & Fund Raising?
I’d like to see those rankings compared to total coaching staff salaries.

Barta is a joke. They say he can raise money, well no shit, everyone is swimming in money compared to what they were in 2006. He hasn't had a single top notch hire since he has seen here, and he has negotiated some of the worst contract extensions ever for his coaches.
i would say his ONLY good hire has been Heller in baseball. Thank GOD the Hawkeye baseball program is relevant again. Of course he let that wash around in obscurity for 20 years but better late than never.

Latest Director Cup standings has Iowa last in the BIG and 134th in Div. 1.

Maybe Mr. Barta's title should be changed to just Director of Extensions & Fund Raising?

WOW that is bad but about what I expected for the conference since the hawks dont win conf championships.

Big 10 rankings are direct comparisons since it is measured against the teams we play against. I dont care about the 134th ranking in Div 1 because if you put North Texas in the Big they wouldnt win any championships either or probably.

i would say his ONLY good hire has been Heller in baseball. Thank GOD the Hawkeye baseball program is relevant again. Of course he let that wash around in obscurity for 20 years but better late than never.

Well Barta has only been here for 12 years not 20 but Scott Broghamer was coach before barta hired Dahm. My son and many others went to a meeting with Dahm his first year as coach and as bad as the Hawks were back then he told all of the would be players there would be no walkons. WOW, now we know why Dahm wasnt successful at Iowa even though he did well at Creighton. When you are bad you better be looking at all aspects and players. My son went to two Hawk baseball camps run by Broghamer while my son had two successful 4-A high school pitching seasons. Broghamer and his assistants like my son as a pitcher but lots of players get caught up in coaching changes.

How do director cup standings work? It can't really be apples to apples since not all Universities even offer the same sports right? I wonder if a university that offers less sports always finish lower in director cup standings?

Is he the guy all those newspapers are named after across the country?
He's the guy who the entire academic side of the house protested his hiring. He's a "businessman". So we have a bean counter president and bean counter AD. No wonder no one cares how bad our major sports programs under perform.

and how much did he cost the U of Iowa in that law suit case last summer?
and how much did he cost the U of Iowa in that law suit case last summer?
mrw-when-my-co-workers-tell-me-i-spend-too-much-time-on-reddit-129566.gif

Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think a single sport under his watch has ever won a regular season conference championship. I know for a fact that Iowa is the only team, since the B1G moved to 14 teams, that has 0 conference championships.

Remind me again how this man has a job?
Are you talking about regular season championships since moving to 14 teams or any championships since moving ton14 teams?

Because if it’s the latter then that’s not correct. Iowa won Big10 baseball tournament last year.

Although, technically I think there’s only 13 Big10 Baseball teams (sans Wiscy I think).

This, of course, DOES NOT diminish your point or concluding rhetorical question at all.

It proves it.