In 11 years, Gary Barta has delivered 2 NCAA wins to Iowa fans

Barta is a joke. They say he can raise money, well no shit, everyone is swimming in money compared to what they were in 2006. He hasn't had a single top notch hire since he has seen here, and he has negotiated some of the worst contract extensions ever for his coaches.

Barta is a joke. They say he can raise money, well no shit, everyone is swimming in money compared to what they were in 2006. He hasn't had a single top notch hire since he has seen here, and he has negotiated some of the worst contract extensions ever for his coaches.
and how much did he cost the U of Iowa in that law suit case last summer?

Yes, Barta sucks. He gives away the farm in contracts for mediocre performance, he lost a huge settlement for discrimination, and now he's lying to the press and fans. A new thread about Barta sucking every single day would not be too many. Keep it up until he's gone.

It's argued by many that if Ferentz was fired in search of a coach who could yield much better results, a new hire could end up being much worse for Iowa football.

I don't hear that same type of argument made in favor of Barta.

at an Iowa football game last fall, I was at a tailgate by the dental lot. I saw Barta driving a golf cart down the street coming my way. I was very tempted to yell.."go f-yourself Barta" as he passed, but I bit my tongue.

Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think a single sport under his watch has ever won a regular season conference championship. I know for a fact that Iowa is the only team, since the B1G moved to 14 teams, that has 0 conference championships.

Remind me again how this man has a job?

It's argued by many that if Ferentz was fired in search of a coach who could yield much better results, a new hire could end up being much worse for Iowa football.

I don't hear that same type of argument made in favor of Barta.
Great Point.Why that is logic no?

ZpG0G.gif

at an Iowa football game last fall, I was at a tailgate by the dental lot. I saw Barta driving a golf cart down the street coming my way. I was very tempted to yell.."go f-yourself Barta" as he passed, but I bit my tongue.

That was a good choice.

I thought the 05-06 basketball team was set up for an elite 8 run. Barta didn’t eff that up, Alford did. I am not sure how relevant that is to this thread, but I wanted to contribute.:)