Immediate transfer available. Time for Fran to take one.

TheIowaHawkGuy

RT @JonRothstein: Dave Rice announces that Bryce Dejean-Jones will not return to UNLV next season.

UNLV's leading scorer and could transfer and play right away next season as a 5th year. It's time for Fran to embrace this culture and get an impact transfer that can play right away. He has baggage but so did DeAndre Kane and he ended up being the best transfer ISU has had.

I'm tired of seeing other programs get transfers and succeed while Iowa resorts to projects who will make an impact in 2-3 years. Do not want to see anymore of them go to ISU or to some team Iowa plays only to see them beat us while Fran passed on them. We have a scholarship open and possibly another if anyone transfers from Iowa in the next few weeks. Time to embrace the transfer culture.

I agree. Go get him, Fran!

Some will say that this is not doing things "the right way", but I'm on board with whatever it takes to get more talent.

RT @JonRothstein: Dave Rice announces that Bryce Dejean-Jones will not return to UNLV next season.

UNLV's leading scorer and could transfer and play right away next season as a 5th year. It's time for Fran to embrace this culture and get an impact transfer that can play right away. He has baggage but so did DeAndre Kane and he ended up being the best transfer ISU has had.

I'm tired of seeing other programs get transfers and succeed while Iowa resorts to projects who will make an impact in 2-3 years. Do not want to see anymore of them go to ISU or to some team Iowa plays only to see them beat us while Fran passed on them. We have a scholarship open and possibly another if anyone transfers from Iowa in the next few weeks. Time to embrace the transfer culture.

Just what this team needs :)

Junior guard Bryce Dejean-Jones done playing for UNLV - Las Vegas Sun News

Dejean-Jones was the team’s leading scorer this season, but made less than 30 percent on 3-pointers and caused some headaches away from the court. Dejean-Jones was suspended after UNLV’s late-season home game against San Diego State and then could be heard yelling at teammates following the season-ending loss to the Aztecs on Friday night.

Teh Mayor is already in on him.

Probably. And will succeed at ISU taking them to yet another NCAA tournament. Transfers have been a huge success in getting them into 3/4 tournaments since Fred's been there. Iowa has been to .5 in 4 years (not even in actual tournament until Thursday/Friday). I thought the transfer thing would backfire but it has worked flawlessly for ISU. Just want that level of success. So tired of seeing others succeed with them.

I agree that Iowa would do well to look into taking an immediately available transfer. Getting an upgrade at the 2 or 3 spot would really help next year. Dejean-Jones might not be the best option off the court, but he can play. Another great option, as anyone who lurks on CyFan can tell you, could be Antoine Mason, who averaged almost 26 ppg as a junior for Niagara this year and may be looking to go to a major conference school to up his draft stock.

BTW--this immediate transfer rule is becoming a bit of a farce.

Agreed. It was originally supposed to help those who wanted to transfer to pursue a master's field that wasn't available at their school. Maybe that's what it was at first, but that's definitely not what it has become.

Agreed. It was originally supposed to help those who wanted to transfer to pursue a master's field that wasn't available at their school. Maybe that's what it was at first, but that's definitely not what it has become.

Then they probably need to do something about the 1 and done, because clearly the kid is not using the school to further their academic career. Really no difference in how the situation is being used.

Then they probably need to do something about the 1 and done, because clearly the kid is not using the school to further their academic career. Really no difference in how the situation is being used.

I agree to an extent, but the NCAA itself can't really do anything one-and-dones. The problem is that from the NCAA's point of view, they can't officially identify a one-and-done until after it happens. Sure, most can be identified before they go to school, but a lot of players that have been sure-fire one-and-dones have stayed in school for 2+ years.

there is no guarantee that he kid will come here and light up B1G defenses. It just doesn't work that way

We do it the right way. Not transfer U. Let Freddie have him.

Funny. Does the 'right way' include fans that hound players on Twitter and have articles written about bitter fans that would rather see the team headed to the NIT? I am not even sure you even know what the 'right way' means.

I'll take the transfers, 3 straight NCAA tourney bids with a 3 seed this year. You can have your 'right way' and the occasional trip to the NCAAs.

We do it the right way. Not transfer U. Let Freddie have him.

Uthoff-Ryan-1024x712.jpg

Freddy is the 'transfer whisperer'. How he gets these players to buy into his system and get the best bb out of them is damn near miraculous. It works for him,but could back fire on us. Some how these players have managed to stay out of trouble.. Maybe it's because they know this is their last last chance to make the best of their bb dreams that it works. But how he gets the team to play unselfishly(the I'll get mine attitude that some on here are accusing Marble of) as a team is admirable.

Didnt some isu fans rip a player on twitter? Key word is some. Any fan base has SOME idiotic fans. As far as the article. LOL. Any fan that doesn't want a bid in NCAA tourney is not a fan. I'm sure the isu AD helped write it. Who was it that said transferring in college is an epidemic? Nobody from Iowa's athletic department.
Oh i just seen Iowa's AD tweet that ncaa appearances are not what they used to be.
It appears isu crazed fan base is all about passion and iowa's is always negative nancy and a bunch of idiots.
Fran isn't passionate he is a uncontrolling spaz. Hoiberg makes no mistakes.
Keep living in your being happy to beat Iowa life and always worrying about what Iowa does or is. But you all learn it from the top, your great athletic department.

I agree to an extent, but the NCAA itself can't really do anything one-and-dones. The problem is that from the NCAA's point of view, they can't officially identify a one-and-done until after it happens. Sure, most can be identified before they go to school, but a lot of players that have been sure-fire one-and-dones have stayed in school for 2+ years.

True, A kid can decide he does not like school and quits after they go 1 year

But I think my point is that if a kid says he wants to got to Grad school somewhere else and has eligibility remaining you cannot deny him that either. And yes he probably is just going to play ball, but bottom line just like with the 1 and done you cannot really say that is true or not

I would think the absolute last thing the NCAA wants to do is prevent a kid who gets his degree before his eligibility is used up from going to grad school. How do you sell that one?

Latest posts