IMG Academy troubles

thawks

Did anyone else notice that the person who took the tests for all the students in the scandal that broke is the head academic testing person for IMG Academy. Think the NCAA will get involved?

They cant even go after their own institutions (UNC) for academic fraud why would they go after a prep school? Still hardly anything has happened from the Addidas scandal. Money talks, always has,always will.

The amount of corruption going on in these schools is just insane, Hopefully some serious reform issues can take place. It really pisses me off that these "privileged" kids more than likely took the place of kids that worked their butts off to try and get in.

More and more I hope my kids get turned on to a trades school. Don't have all this BS and actually learn something useful.

Did anyone else notice that the person who took the tests for all the students in the scandal that broke is the head academic testing person for IMG Academy. Think the NCAA will get involved?

The NCAA probably will not get involved. The NCAA has recruitment rules for colleges to follow and a group that is suppose to enforce them. Those rules do not tell colleges who they can or cannot admit. The closest the NCAA gets regarding admissions is setting the minimum course work that a student must complete in high school in order to participate as a freshman in college.

He took test to get better scores for students who paid money. You think he didn't do it for the athletes?

I am sure there is some kind of authority like the NCAA but for High School sports in a state like Florida that takes the integrity of the student athlete seriously enough to dole out consequences for any rule breakers.

They cant even go after their own institutions (UNC) for academic fraud why would they go after a prep school? Still hardly anything has happened from the Addidas scandal. Money talks, always has,always will.

The amount of corruption going on in these schools is just insane, Hopefully some serious reform issues can take place. It really pisses me off that these "privileged" kids more than likely took the place of kids that worked their butts off to try and get in.

More and more I hope my kids get turned on to a trades school. Don't have all this BS and actually learn something useful.

The irony of course is those caught in this scandal are the very people who use social media to decry how awful things are because of the very demographic they represent. You can't make this stuff up.

https://globalnews.ca/news/5055254/lori-loughlins-daughter-on-usc-chairmans-yacht/

Lori Loughlin and Mossimo Giannulli’s 19-year-old daughter, Olivia Jade Giannulli, was on the yacht of Rick Caruso, the chairman of University of Southern California’s Board of Trustees, when her parents were indicted for allegedly paying $500,000 for her acceptance to USC.

Last edited:

Latest posts