I'm worried you'll keep your streak alive

It will be 4 after Saturday. We have not played in AZ. since 2004. Ferentz rarely makes the same mistake twice, and readily acknowledges that he made a mistake in 2004.

BTW went to a brewpub here in Tucson last night and the waiter started talking **** to us because we had our Hawk gear on. He basically failed to acknowledge our DLine existed and said Foles was going to go apeshit on us. I just chuckled.

On another side note for those worried about the heat, there is no reason to. The sun was down and it was completely dark by 7:00pm here last night.

What does the sun being down have to do with the heat? According to this, it was still 94 degrees at that time.

National Weather Service - NWS Tucson

That being, it does look like it cools off rather rapidly, as by 1000 it was all ready down to 85.

Because as soon as the sun drops the temp drops quickly. We were sitting outside the pool last night about 8:00 and it was beautiful. Probably in the mid to upper 70's, not a drop of sweat coming off of you. It gets dark early here since they don't observe DST.

Because as soon as the sun drops the temp drops quickly. We were sitting outside the pool last night about 8:00 and it was beautiful. Probably in the mid to upper 70's, not a drop of sweat coming off of you. It gets dark early here since they don't observe DST.

The link I provided says it 91 degrees at 753 PM, and I was wondering why it got dark so early.

It's comical how slimcat comes here pumping his chest & thinking he is all that & a bag of Doritoes with a #24 ranking. He pulls this obscure stat out to try to make a point with a team ranking that barely can qualify for the point he is trying to make. Pathetic. I'm almost embarrased for him.

The link I provided says it 91 degrees at 753 PM, and I was wondering why it got dark so early.

Arizona doesn't observe DST so even though they are in the mountain time zone they act like they are Pacific. It's weird because places like Albuquerque where we stayed on the way down gets dark after 8:00 Tuscon gets dark around 7:00.

While we are talking about streaks...Iowa hasn't been beaten by more than 7 points in what 3-4 years? Does someone have the exact game streak? I know it's the longest in the nation right now.

I love all these predictions that we are going to get blown out by Arizona (ok, mostly their board, not the experts). The facts support that it just doesn't happen.
In 2007 Penn State ripped Iowa a new one, winning 27-7(Iowa loves to talk about dominating Penn St., not that year). Also, Western Michigan beat you by 9 at the end of that season, so..... it has been two years since, but still,this is a stretch.

It's comical how slimcat comes here pumping his chest & thinking he is all that & a bag of Doritoes with a #24 ranking. He pulls this obscure stat out to try to make a point with a team ranking that barely can qualify for the point he is trying to make. Pathetic. I'm almost embarrased for him.

Obscure stats are intended to be nothing more than that: obscure. As with anything based on probability, the past performance really has no bearing on what is going to happen next with most of these obscure stats.

I'm just like most sports fans who enjoy stats that go beyond the box score; call me more refined than the common man if you will.

I have every reason to come in here pumping my chest about an Arizona advantage or even an an Arizona victory. Vegas, many expert analysts, and talking heads are predicting a Wildcat Victory tomorrow night.
So, you shouldn't be so surprised to see a confident but respectful Cat fan predict an Arizona victory; while also including valid and obscure stats to cement his argument. On the other hand, if an ASsU or ISU fan were doing the same chest-thumping, then I would understand your disdain.

Also, I will be here Sunday to either congratulate you guys on a big Iowa Victory, or to accept heaps of congratulations and admiration from you fine Hawkeye fans ;)

Bear Down Hawkeyes!

Obscure stats are intended to be nothing more than that: obscure. As with anything based on probability, the past performance really has no bearing on what is going to happen next with most of these obscure stats.

I'm just like most sports fans who enjoy stats that go beyond the box score; call me more refined than the common man if you will.

I have every reason to come in here pumping my chest about an Arizona advantage or even an an Arizona victory. Vegas, many expert analysts, and talking heads are predicting a Wildcat Victory tomorrow night.
So, you shouldn't be so surprised to see a confident but respectful Cat fan predict an Arizona victory; while also including valid and obscure stats to cement his argument. On the other hand, if an ASsU or ISU fan were doing the same chest-thumping, then I would understand your disdain.

Also, I will be here Sunday to either congratulate you guys on a big Iowa Victory, or to accept heaps of congratulations and admiration from you fine Hawkeye fans ;)

Bear Down Hawkeyes!

Experts, schmekperts. Think the IOWA football team cares what they think? Doesn't mean $hit to them or me. We'll see soon enough what happens.

Latest posts