I'm sorry - blow me up if you want to....

I was a pretty dominant ball player in HS but I hurt my shoulder my senior year and decided that it was best to hit the books because after Deion Sander and Bo Jackson I wasn't sure the pros were ready for two sport stars. I have won multiple Double Dribble tournaments as well as countless titles (with Iowa) on various versions of EA Sports' NCAA football franchise. I am assuming you were a great ball player, too. Perhaps you scored four touchdowns in a high school game once.

I didn't know wrestlers were known as "ball players". Or at least admitted it publicly... :eek:

I was a pretty dominant ball player in HS but I hurt my shoulder my senior year and decided that it was best to hit the books because after Deion Sander and Bo Jackson I wasn't sure the pros were ready for two sport stars. I have won multiple Double Dribble tournaments as well as countless titles (with Iowa) on various versions of EA Sports' NCAA football franchise. I am assuming you were a great ball player, too. Perhaps you scored four touchdowns in a high school game once.

I had an NCAA football dynasty with Louisiana-Monroe thus I know more about sports than anyone.

See my post above. Sorry if I can't get as excited as you about a deep run in a tournament no one cares about.
In the past you had interesting points to make. Now it seems you fancy yourself as some resurrected GhostofBTT. Well, let me tell you friend. I knew GhostofBTT. You're no GhostofBTT. Your constant contrarian posts and weak-sauced trolling attempts are growing wearisome.

Go back to the witty well-informed poster you used to be.

In the past you had interesting points to make. Now it seems you fancy yourself as some resurrected GhostofBTT. Well, let me tell you friend. I knew GhostofBTT. You're no GhostofBTT. Your constant contrarian posts and weak-sauced trolling attempts are growing wearisome.

This is awesome! You win.

Props for the Al Bundy reference.

I'd compare it to the Pizza Pizza bowl. The only ones who get excited about the Pizza Pizza bowl are idiot fans of terrible teams, like Northwestern or Minnesota. It angers me that our fan base is so heavily populated with those sorts of fans now.

Don't forget ISU...
Critical of Iowa's NIT success but thinking they have something going with Rhoads and his 3 out of 4 losing seasons in football.

Everyone on this board would rather have had Iowa in the NCAA tourney. Iowa was as deserving as many teams that did get in. Didn't happen.
The NIT is great for Iowa. 4-5 more games on TV. Exposure, etc.
I am excited as hell that Iowa is winning. I do not think that puts me in the "idiot fan" category.

I'm sorry blow me up if you want to but this NIT run is WAY more fun and way more meaningful than a one and done NCAA tournament would have been. Of course the way we are playing it probably wouldn't have been a one and done.

But the point is, that this has been a ton of fun, and that this is going to be a HUGE builder for this program.

cause tramps like us, baby we were born to make a run in the NIT

I like that I get to enjoy some more Iowa games and its nice practice for the team.

But like I'm really going to care when we lose... seriously guys the intensity of a close game at the end of a big ten game that means alot compared to these games...

The NIT isn't bad for the team but to act like this is so great ,ect ect is somewhat delusional.

It's like pretending the B team game is as meaningful as the A team game.

Sure in some kind of care bear world but not in reality.

Look, prole, I had a lengthy post about how the MSU game where we got jobbed by the refs shows just how much talent this ball club has. I was posting the truth and then when I figured out I was getting trolled by THE WHOLE DANG BOARD (nice work guys - I was convinced you guys really thought the NIT was a big deal for a while there) I changed my tune to fall in line. I don't know what else you want from me, so just leave me alone.

An Illini fan I work with just strolled into my office to brag about how the Iowa women are out of the NCAA but the Illini women are still playing in the NIT. It was like a shot to the heart, we're at home and the Illini are still playing. Now I know how felt when I rubbed it in that the Iowa men were still going in the NIT while the Illini men were back in Champagne, so I'm going to try to stop being such a braggart.

An Illini fan I work with just strolled into my office to brag about how the Iowa women are out of the NCAA but the Illini women are still playing in the NIT. It was like a shot to the heart, we're at home and the Illini are still playing. Now I know how felt when I rubbed it in that the Iowa men were still going in the NIT while the Illini men were back in Champagne, so I'm going to try to stop being such a braggart.

You're trolling us again! No one brags about womens basketball, at least make your troll attempts realistic.

You're trolling us again! No one brags about womens basketball, at least make your troll attempts realistic.

Brah, I'm dead serious. Do you think I would independently know that (a) Iowa's women's team was even in the tournament and lost (b) that there was even a women's NIT or (c) that the lady Illini were in said women's NIT?

Brah, I'm dead serious. Do you think I would independently know that (a) Iowa's women's team was even in the tournament and lost (b) that there was even a women's NIT or (c) that the lady Illini were in said women's NIT?

There's a women's NIT?

You need more clients.

Latest posts