I'm Leaving HR/Rivals for Good

shakehawk

The moderators on that board used to be pretty good. But for some reason, Tom K. fired all the old moderators and put Todd Brommelkamp in charge. Bad move. Guy's got a huge ego and just randomly deletes half the posts he reads. JMO.

I just wish the OT board over here had a little more traffic. Maybe will pick up some new posters from HROT after the latest crackdown over there.

Please tell me this isn't over the whole "Wouldja?" garbage?

If so, I think you may be in for a rude awakening here. I really doubt Jon is going to allow 20 "Wouldja?" threads filled with pictures of half-naked whores, by a bunch of mental 8-year-olds trying to top each other by posting more-revealing photos.

Just a hunch.

No, I don't care about the "Wouldja" threads. Just had enough of the arrogance and heavy-handed tactics.

Plus, HROT used to have a decent mix of politically liberal and conservative mods. Now Todd B. is basically the only moderator, and he is definitely far left. And anything even remotely resembling criticism of his moderating will get you banned on the spot.

Please tell me this isn't over the whole "Wouldja?" garbage?

If so, I think you may be in for a rude awakening here. I really doubt Jon is going to allow 20 "Wouldja?" threads filled with pictures of half-naked whores, by a bunch of mental 8-year-olds trying to top each other by posting more-revealing photos.Just a hunch.

That plus method 1 vs method 2 is HR in a nutshell.

riveting-tale-chap.jpg

That plus method 1 vs method 2 is HR in a nutshell.

Good point.

Just out of curiosity, shake, what are some examples of half the threads that are deleted for no reason. I don't spend a lot of time over there, but in the last week or so, it seems like anybody that's mad on HROT is mad about the "Wouldja?" stuff being deleted.

I'm wondering what kind of stuff has been deleted there that would be OK to remain here?

No, I don't care about the "Wouldja" threads. Just had enough of the arrogance and heavy-handed tactics.

Plus, HROT used to have a decent mix of politically liberal and conservative mods. Now Todd B. is basically the only moderator, and he is definitely far left. And anything even remotely resembling criticism of his moderating will get you banned on the spot.

Let me introduce you to Vintage and Thunder. They are about as far left wacko as they come and are regular 'contributors' to the political forum.

Let me introduce you to Vintage and Thunder. They are about as far left wacko as they come and are regular 'contributors' to the political forum.

But the don't have banning privleges, well I guess TH has the privilege for banning one specific poster. ;):)

Good point.

Just out of curiosity, shake, what are some examples of half the threads that are deleted for no reason. I don't spend a lot of time over there, but in the last week or so, it seems like anybody that's mad on HROT is mad about the "Wouldja?" stuff being deleted.

I'm wondering what kind of stuff has been deleted there that would be OK to remain here?

Yeah, please post some links to deleted threads....

Here's one thing I don't understand about this board. It appears that there are very few people on the OT board, because there are only 3 or 4 threads started per day.

But, yet, when I start this thread, I get about a dozen replies within a very short time. So you guys must all be here on the board, but you're just not posting.

Is this message board sort of like one of those parties where there's a whole bunch of people, but everyone is sort of off by the wall afraid to start a conversation ... so they all stare at their shoes waiting for someone to start talking?

Seriously, why are you guys not starting threads and actually interacting?

I have never had a problem with Jon Miller and I like his stuff. I just have got to the point where I find Todd B. to be overly arrogant, partisan, and hyper-sensitive to anything even remotely resembling criticism.

JMO.

Here's one thing I don't understand about this board. It appears that there are very few people on the OT board, because there are only 3 or 4 threads started per day.

But, yet, when I start this thread, I get about a dozen replies within a very short time. So you guys must all be here on the board, but you're just not posting.

Is this message board sort of like one of those parties where there's a whole bunch of people, but everyone is sort of off by the wall afraid to start a conversation ... so they all stare at their shoes waiting for someone to start talking?

I have never had a problem with Jon Miller and I like his stuff. I just have got to the point where I find Todd B. to be overly arrogant, partisan, and hyper-sensitive to anything even remotely resembling criticism.

JMO.

You did post this in the football forum, which has a MUCH higher level of traffic, and there's many more who actually post here. Had you posted this in the OT forum, you might not have gotten quite as many responses so soon.

But the don't have banning privleges, well I guess TH has the privilege for banning one specific poster. ;):)

I have advocated for a ban only once in my life; you know who it was. And he got banned.
Now, what were you saying about my powers? :D

I think a lot of people have OT forums they prefer to frequent. These can take a while to come to life.

JMO.

95% of the people in this country are partisan. Be honest.... the only reason you hate the fact that he's arrogant and partisan is because he is a member of the other party. Jon is rather partisan too.... is that going to bother you? There are thousands of political forums out there to spew either parties venom.
Personally, I wish both boards would ban all political threads. I like this one because you can opt not to see them.

And no matter what board you go to, you are going to find people that have issues or run ins with mods. There is no perfect situation

Latest posts