I'm Boycotting the Championship Game

I guess that's where we differ. I would have no problem had Michigan gotten a rematch with the way they lost to Ohio State. Knowing how the polls work though, you get punished for losing later in the season. Oregon and LSU for example... LSU beat Oregon week 1. If LSU lost to Georgia in the SEC championship and both teams finished with a 12-1 record, Oregon would probably be ranked ahead of LSU even though LSU beat them. It's pretty stupid but that's generally how the polls work.

And again, Florida's loss was to an 11-2 team while Oklahoma State's loss was to a 6-6 team. Florida jumping Michigan is more understandable than Oklahoma State jumping Alabama. They obviously ended up making the right choice anyways though by choosing one loss Florida over one loss Michigan because Florida blew Ohio State out and Michigan got blown out by USC.

Sorry, but I always get a chuckle out of this type of retro-thinking logic.

The fact who won the respective bowl games has ZERO to do with the stupid BCS-path taken to get the teams into the champ game. Zero.

LSU already has proven it on the field. I like the fact that the best team wins the national title pretty much every single year in college football unlike college basketball.

Did you watch the Butler-Uconn shitshow last year?

UCONN was one of the top teams in the country last year. Probably had the best player in the country as well. Basketball is a different beast.

BTW, you are wanted in the Tebow thread.

Latest posts