I'm Boycotting the Championship Game

It's just really intellectually unsatisfying. Alabama already lost to LSU, at home. How can beating them on a neutral field make you the national champs. At best, you are even. You certainly aren't "the champion" of anything.

I'm on the opinion that Alabama should have been eliminated. Nobody knows if Alabama is better than OSU, Stanford, ect.. they never played. But we know LSU is better than Alabama. Accordingly, OSU or Stanford should get a shot. Alabama gets a free pass based upon the SEC's reputation and them being a blue blood. It's stupid.

I don't know about that. We know Iowa State is better than Oklahoma State? I don't even think Iowa State is better than Iowa.

The best team doesn't always win and if you truly believe LSU is automatically better for beating Alabama by 3 in OT, Oklahoma State has no business being in the championship using your logic. We know a 6-6 team is better than Oklahoma State, right? Teams that are worse than 6-6 teams don't deserve a shot at the championship. As long as we're assuming ISU is automatically better than Oklahoma State because of one game that is.

Last edited:
I can't believe that we can't mobilize together and try to boycott this garbage...every school that's not a traditional power should be pushing back. Do you think for one second if Iowa was in the same spot we wouldn't have gotten screwed like Ok St. did? How ****** would we have been if we had won the BIG, had one loss and got left out of the national championship to an SEC team that didn't even win their division??? Had Ok St. had Ohio State or Michigan on their jersey's, they may have had a shot...but since they aren't a traditional power they had to bend over and take the BCS up the you know where. Every fan of every non-traditional power should be boycotting this crap...these athletes and this school got robbed by the BCS...that's unforgivable.

I can't believe that we can't mobilize together and try to boycott this garbage...every school that's not a traditional power should be pushing back. Do you think for one second if Iowa was in the same spot we wouldn't have gotten screwed like Ok St. did? How ****** would we have been if we had won the BIG, had one loss and got left out of the national championship to an SEC team that didn't even win their division??? Had Ok St. had Ohio State or Michigan on their jersey's, they may have had a shot...but since they aren't a traditional power they had to bend over and take the BCS up the you know where. Every fan of every non-traditional power should be boycotting this crap...these athletes and this school got robbed by the BCS...that's unforgivable.

Occupy the BCS!

I think LSU should be the national champs no matter what happens in this game. They will have the more impressive resume even if they lose to Alabama in the national title game.

Look at it this way, sports fans: at least notre dame didn't get vaulted up to an undeserved spot.
I mean, we all hate the SEC, but at least the cheatin' (and killin', and rapin') irish didn't somehow get rewarded for mediocrity.
And none of you--not one single person--should be surprised that a team coached by Nick Saban is enjoying seemingly undeserved opportunity. If it wasn't Saban, and if it wasn't for unemployment and probation, we'd be b!tching about a Lane Kiffin and/or Urban Meyer team gaining an unfair placement.
Deal with it - college football is all money and politics, and the ultimate popularity contest.
Expressing surprise at these facts reveals naivete and nothing else.

Me? Most likely.

Might watch it online if I don't get together with friends. Would be nice if the ratings were down.

I don't think you understand how ratings work. Cable companies don't know what you're watching. It's all Nielsen ratings and estimations.

Fine, enjoy not watching the game. I personally will enjoy watching the two best teams play. I thought their first game was great, extremely physical, old school and came down to a kick in overtime. I'll take that over a MAC/Big12 defensiveless track meet all day.