I'm Boycotting the Championship Game

Why is a playoff needed this year? Pretty sure LSU has proven it is far and away the best team in the country. We could just crown them champs now as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely, and it's like that many years. A playoff isn't going to guarantee that the best team is crowned champs any more than the BCS does. Screw a playoff.

Florida's only loss was on the road at 11-2 Auburn though. That wasn't the case this year with Oklahoma State losing to a 6-6 team. Also, Florida lost their 7th game of the season and won six more games prior to the championship. Michigan lost their final game of the season. Same thing with Oklahoma State, they lost their second to last game of the season.

I'm not saying it's right but he who lost last, gets the shaft.

All very much true and piles on even more onto the BCS dogpile.
Why should it matter if you lose late or early?
It should be on your entire body of work....not "what have you done for me lately."

Again, BCS voters are myopic and stupid.

Losing to Iowa State at any time during the season should get you thrown out of the NC game. First week, last week, or any week in between.

Something else to throw out there...

I understand the National Championship is a whole different stage and probably shouldn't be the platform for an Alabama/LSU rematch. But... if people are going to use the logic that Alabama already had their shot and lost, what was the point of the Big Ten Championship? Wisconsin already had their shot and lost. Some of you are crowning LSU as the champion regardless of the Alabama outcome, does that make Michigan State the Big Ten champions?

this ought to be good...the texass dunce is going to try to match wits with DwayneTwill

It should be on your entire body of work....not "what have you done for me lately."

I don't think Michigan's loss at the end of the season should have mattered. They barely lost to a really good team. I do actually think Oklahoma State's loss should keep them out because at that point in the season, there should be no debate that you're better than a 6-6 team. Unless of course the star QB went down and would return for the championship or something. Then you might have an argument about the loss. If you're in contention for the championship, you should be firing on all cylinders and throttle Iowa State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan33
Why is a playoff needed this year? Pretty sure LSU has proven it is far and away the best team in the country. We could just crown them champs now as far as I'm concerned.

Definitely, and it's like that many years. A playoff isn't going to guarantee that the best team is crowned champs any more than the BCS does. Screw a playoff.

Tell that to the 69 Jets, the 82 NC State Wolfpack, 84 Villanova Wildcats, the 80 USA hockey team and Larry Owings.

Decide it on the field.

Tell that to the 69 Jets, the 82 NC State Wolfpack, 84 Villanova Wildcats, the 80 USA hockey team and Larry Owings.

Decide it on the field.

LSU already has proven it on the field. I like the fact that the best team wins the national title pretty much every single year in college football unlike college basketball.

Did you watch the Butler-Uconn shitshow last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan33

Decide it on the field.

Yeah, those teams are all champions, but weren't the best teams. BFD.

Yeah, those teams are all champions, but weren't the best teams. BFD.

Then using your (and other's) logic, why have a NC game at all this year?

Simply crown LSU king now and be done with it. Why subject LSU to another game if they're the best team? It's absurd logic.

And what happens if Alabama wins. They deserve #1 because they were given the only opportunity to topple #1? Whos says Okie State couldn't beat them? Or any of the top 4-5 teams? I guess the BCS has.

Decide it on the field.

Last edited:

The Giants were the Patriots 16th win in their undefeated regular season(16-0). They beat the Giants 38-35.

Personally, I'm glad "we" didn't just go ahead and crown the Patriots the champions. I rather enjoyed watching the Patriots take a 14-10 lead with 2:42 and the Giants coming back to score the game winning touchdown with 35 seconds left.

So Alabama had to beat #1 LSU and #6 Arkansas to get a shot at the championship but Oklahoma State should get a shot for beating 0 top 10 teams and losing to a 6-6 team?

I'm not happy Alabama is in the championship but I still think it's the right choice. Oklahoma State shouldn't get a pass for not playing in the same division as the only undefeated team in the country. That's essentially what the argument is...

Why should Alabama have to beat two top 5 teams for a title shot while Oklahoma State gets a pass for playing none?

Arkansas should not be rated #6. That's based purely on sec bias, just as is Alabama in the NC game.

It's ******** no matter how you try to spin Alabama getting this rematch when Michigan in 2006 didn't.

Just to prove your point on how stupid voters are, look no further than where Stanford and Oregon finished ranked in the human polls. To make it even better...look at where VT and Clemson finished in the human polls.

However, that also proves its not just about what you do at the end of the year. LSU played for the NC after losing their last regular season game a couple years ago. It comes down to if you are in the SEC or the rest of the country on how you get penalized in the polls.

Scrap this BCS **** and go back to split titles at the end of the year...it's all based on voter bias anyways.

Arkansas should not be rated #6. That's based purely on sec bias, just as is Alabama in the NC game.

It's ******** no matter how you try to spin Alabama getting this rematch when Michigan in 2006 didn't.

I guess that's where we differ. I would have no problem had Michigan gotten a rematch with the way they lost to Ohio State. Knowing how the polls work though, you get punished for losing later in the season. Oregon and LSU for example... LSU beat Oregon week 1. If LSU lost to Georgia in the SEC championship and both teams finished with a 12-1 record, Oregon would probably be ranked ahead of LSU even though LSU beat them. It's pretty stupid but that's generally how the polls work.

And again, Florida's loss was to an 11-2 team while Oklahoma State's loss was to a 6-6 team. Florida jumping Michigan is more understandable than Oklahoma State jumping Alabama. They obviously ended up making the right choice anyways though by choosing one loss Florida over one loss Michigan because Florida blew Ohio State out and Michigan got blown out by USC.

Just to prove your point on how stupid voters are, look no further than where Stanford and Oregon finished ranked in the human polls. To make it even better...look at where VT and Clemson finished in the human polls.

However, that also proves its not just about what you do at the end of the year. LSU played for the NC after losing their last regular season game a couple years ago. It comes down to if you are in the SEC or the rest of the country on how you get penalized in the polls.

Scrap this BCS **** and go back to split titles at the end of the year...it's all based on voter bias anyways.

That's true and in that case, that's just SEC bias. Normally you get shafted for losing at the end of the season.

Who were the other two loss teams or even one loss teams aside from LSU that were in the running? I don't even recall. Had to be a pretty cruddy year when a two loss team that lost to Kentucky gets a title shot.

After looking it up, both losses were in OT and while they lost the final regular season game, they won the SEC Championship.

I think the Big 10 and Pac 12 adding championship games will help restore some of the balance. I always thought sitting around doing nothing while the Big 12 and SEC had a 13th game helped their chances. Especially because both teams are usually ranked so that adds another top 25 win to the winners resume. If the Big 12 still had a conference championship and Oklahoma State won, they would have jumped Alabama.

I do think that LSU and Alabama are probably the two best teams however the game was already played. The only thing this new game can do is cause redundancy or controversy so why play it.

Latest posts